PBR Allstar

Work not transferring to cut correctly

Okay,  computer has been diagnosed with a failing hard drive and iffy USB connectivity which I was told was the sign of a failing motherboard.   

so,  I’m looking for another tower to just kind of get me by for now on a budget.  All I run on this machine will be SBE and Inkscape.  I found this one but am here asking for opinions/options?  Keep in mind budget and I want pretty much plug and play due to my low grade tech skills

thanks again in advance.  

Dell Optiplex, Intel Core 2 Duo 2600 MHz, 500Gig Serial ATA HDD, 2048mb Memory, DVD ROM, Windows XP Professional-Power Cord (Renewed)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085M34H6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_v.zkFb3SKQKZB

Should be ok as a cutting computer, plus side it has a serial port. 2gigs of memory is a bit on the low side, but again, for just a cutting computer it should be good.

2 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Should be ok as a cutting computer, plus side it has a serial port. 2gigs of memory is a bit on the low side, but again, for just a cutting computer it should be good.

I “should” be able to add more memory fairly easily though, correct?  The DDR2 that it takes is basically free nowadays I think. 

yeah, replacing/installing memory is easy. Hardest part is making sure you get the right kind which sounds like you know what you need.

• Like 1

Check into Tiger Direct online. They seem to have good prices and stand behind what they sell. Log into their site for weekly sales.