Sign in to follow this  
ign 5

win 10, sign blazer, 871-mk2 help

I am at a loss, I like tons of other pages, no idea what I am doing.  I have been using signblazer on my old laptop for about 10 years. I got a very decent computer, and decided to use it instead of my old laptop. Its just a new windows desktop with windows 10 64 bit.  I could not figure out how to get it to get a connection and cut, so I kept using my laptop, but now! i got a new/used cutter. i now have the 871-mk2 and same thing, I cannot get it to work.

I have installed the driver, does not work.

sighblazer does not show the us cutter, but while searching I see you can use  redsail rs720c   still nothing

com settings do not show anything like I have.  everything i search, every video I find is all old versions of windows, and all the link no longer work, please help mw

You say you installed “ the drivers”.  Does that include the drivers for the usb chipset that allows the computer to communicate to the plotter?.         You will eventually get the plotter to work but you will never get a meh series to print, it isn’t a printer 

thanks for your fast response.  Yes I accidentally typed print, i know it cuts, sad that is the main focus of your response. 

but yes, I did install the usb chip-set, its called FTDI CDM correct? 

if so please, next step

We tried to help another member on here for days.   MH cutter and Windows 10.  He tried the USB. He was using Scalp.  then tried Signblazer.  Nothing. He even bought a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter,  Still nothing.  Downloaded Vinyl Master and it worked.   Not much we can do.  Tried everything in this thread. Sometimes  you just need to move on and upgrade. You can still design in Signblazer. Export as an .eps and import into a current cutting software like Vinyl Master that is compatible with your currant operating system. 

This thread.