PsychoHack

How Can You Tell If You Have Enough Material For The Cut?

I have a CE6000-60

I want to know if there is a way with Cutting Master 4 to tell if you have enough room on your actual material to make the cut. It sucks when it starts cutting up something and then gets to an area where it is out of material and just says load material.

On my laser cutter I can do what is called a "Frame". This will move the laser head in a rectangular outline of the job and you can make sure that the material is within the frame.

Is there an easy way to do something like this?

For example, right now I need to cut three 20x20mm stickers. I have my origin set to a part of the material that is still good. How can I know if there is enough left to right room for 3 stickers. Otherwise I just have to try to manually make measurements and hope it does not think it is out of material once it starts. This is a very inefficient way to do it. If it could just move in a frame you would be able to make sure the cutter is over the material for the whole job without actually cutting anything and without ever needing to manually measure anything. Also, if your close, you could move your origin just a hair or something to try to squeeze the job in and not waste vinyl. 

Set your workspace to the size of your material.

I believe VM does have what you are asking for, sort of. It moves the cut head across the design, and then back, then feeds the vinyl through, and then back. So it kind of works, but to really get a good feel that the design will fit on the vinyl it should really move to the max in both axis at the same time. Maybe if enough people request it that feature could be added but I wouldn't hold my breath. Just taking a quick ruff measurement of the vinyl available is easy enough.