Sign in to follow this  
L0te

Siser EasyPSV Removable Chalkboard - Absolute nightmare, help needed

Bought a 25 yard roll of this stuff from USCutter, and I can't for the life of me cut it: https://www.uscutter.com/SISER-EasyPSV-Removable-Chalkboard-Vinyl-24x25-50-Yard-Roll

Siser's product page recommends 75-80 force for my machine (SC2), but nothing short of 100 will cut deep enough for me to weed the stuff. At the same time, anything over 90 means my blade starts leaving gouges all over the project wherever the carriage moves.

I've spent hours adjusting the pressure and the blade position to try and find a setting that cuts deep enough to actually make it through the 5mil vinyl but doesn't ruin the surface of the decal, but I can't make it work. It's been a VERY expensive and fruitless learning experience, and keeping new/meager customers waiting trying to figure this out has me a little stressed.

Any ideas?

I have never used it, but the ad states it's only 3 mil. So not any thicker than regular calendared sign vinyl.  You must set your blade depth correctly first to cut any vinyl. Then you set your force.  Make sure you are using a sharp blade.  There are not any set in stone settings for force or blade depth. Set the settings for YOUR cutter to make it work. Every cutter is different, even the same model. 

This is correct way to set your blade depth. Don't be using instructions that say anything about a credit card width or post it notes to set blade depth.. They are wrong. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand, firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

From the ad that you posted

Product Specs:

• 3 mils/ 76.2 microns
  • 2-3 year durability (clean removability)
  • Matte finish
  • 1 color you can write on!
  • CPSIA Compliant
  • Removable Adhesive

Thanks for the response. The USCutter page says 3mil but the Siser product specs linked from that page says it’s 5. It’s definitely thicker than the Oracal and Greenleaf(?) Ive been using. Haven’t had the scratching problem with anything else, even prior to shortening the blade some.

I guess I’ll just have to keep trying to experiment with the depth. 

You will know your blade depth, when you take the blade holder out and run it across the vinyl. You set the blade depth to the vinyl that you are cutting,  You do this with any vinyl that you set up for.  Also cut slow. Your welcome

• Like 1