Cajuncowboy654

CE6000-60 pulling vinyl and not finishing

So we have a CE 6000-60 currently attempting to cut Oracal 351 and it continues to pull at some letter and not finish cuts on others. 

I have readjusted my blade by using scrap vinyl, it just barely leaves a faint mark on the backing paper. 

We notice this issue mainly with metallic type vinyls and medium to small letters and designs. 

Dont have this issue with regular vinyls or htv. 

I've tried different speeds, force ect but nothing has helped. 

As you can see in my picture the inside of the 0 and 9 doesnt finish cutting. 

The second picture you can see how it pulls corners and small areas up. 

Thank you for any helpful suggestions

15924525250242683332397860700299.jpg

15924526038892413189034514776331.jpg

We have seen this many times on here. It looks like too much blade exposed out of the blade holder. You only cut with the very tip of the blade, It looks like it is cutting with the side of the blade when it turns.  I cut Avery chrome with no problems. cutting down to 1/4" text. The combination is less blade, more force.  You set your blade to the vinyl that your cutting.  I do not change my blade depth, when I cut chrome from regular sign vinyl, I only ad a little more force. Anytime you are lifting vinyl while cutting you have too much blade exposed out of the blade holder. Also cut slow. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand, firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

3 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

We have seen this many times on here. It looks like too much blade exposed out of the blade holder. You only cut with the very tip of the blade, It looks like it is cutting with the side of the blade when it turns.  I cut Avery chrome with no problems. cutting down to 1/4" text. The combination is less blade, more force.  You set your blade to the vinyl that your cutting.  I do not change my blade depth, when I cut chrome from regular sign vinyl, I only ad a little more force. Anytime you are lifting vinyl while cutting you have too much blade exposed out of the blade holder. Also cut slow. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand, firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

That's how I set it, I have been lurking here and have read your steps to set it many times, so before I posted I rechecked to make sure it was set correctly. It is as it barely marks the backing paper when manually cut across the vinyl. 

Your just kinda tearing thru it, with a dull blade.  You need a sharp blade to cut thru metal vinyl. The Avery chrome I cut has a polyester like coating to it.   Maybe keep a different blade for each. 

37 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Your just kinda tearing thru it, with a dull blade.  You need a sharp blade to cut thru metal vinyl. The Avery chrome I cut has a polyester like coating to it.   Maybe keep a different blade for each. 

Ok will do, would a dull blade cause the issue with not finishing the inside of the 0 & 9? 

Add a little over  cut in the cutting software,  You will need to reset the blade depth on a new blade. Also speed slow. 

If you're going to be cutting small text, or something that's intricate, definitely slow the speed down.

I would also recommend getting a CleanCut Blade, it will make a difference, for smaller stuff, a 60* comes in handy.

While changing your blade, make sure to check the blade holder really well. You would be amazed how the blade holder can pickup the tiniest of vinyl and will impact the blade trying to swivel in the holder. A drop of sewing machine, or precision oil might help as well.

Keep up posted.

Thanks everyone, I swapped to a new blade and holder and it made a big difference in pulling the vinyl, but I still get some knicks in some of my cuts. 

Still playing around with overcut and tangential emulation in hopes that will help 

• Like 1