Amie

TrippLite serial Adapter still not recognizing the cutter HELP

I used the assistant to make sure that the item was showing up and working.  But when I try to send a simple file it keeps telling me that I have no device found.  

I'm troubleshooting and can't figure out what I'm doing.  Am I missing something simple.

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

I seem to recall that Ports for cutters need to be Com 4 or less. Not sure why.

I think that port 4 thing is software dependent, older software could handle more than 4 comm ports. Can't hurt to try a lower port number though. You also need to adjust your baud rate. Not sure what the SC uses, check the manual, but the MH uses 9600.

10 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

"The MH uses 9600."

I always thought so, but Skeetz posted USCutter instructions that said to lower it to 4800.

That is what I have always read from USCutter,  4800, for MH, right from their instructions.  Then you always say it's 9600.  :huh:  I am just taking that number from what they have posted for years. 

I changed the com port to a lower number but it's still not working.  I am running a cutter that's like 5 years old.  Maybe it's not meant to be.  I changed the baud to 9600 then lower.  Freak I'd change my name to baud to get this dumb thing moving.  It's always when I'm on a deadline that something happens.  Thanks for the help.

are you using the serial cable that came with the plotter along with your keyspan?

No I'm not using the one that came with the cutter.  Let me see if I can find that cord in my bucket of endless cords... LOL.  I purchased a new one just to make sure I wasn't creating a problem.  And yes the baud rates match on the computer and software.  Though when I test for some reason the test shows up as a higher baud rate.  I'm going to restart everything again and see what happens.  or maybe walk away from it today and back with fresh eyes tomorrow.  

You can see from the picture that even though I've changed all the baud rates it's still testing at a higher rate to try to recognize.  It's weird.

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

You have to make sure that you are using a null modem cable between the Tripp-lite Keyspan and your vinyl cutter. And that your software is on Com 2, because that is where it is assigned at( that is what your showing) COM2, and Baud rates must match. 

I don't see on any of your threads of what computer operating system that you using. What is it? 

What are the settings that we can't see on Vinyl Master?  You have that test pop up over them. 

• Like 1

Like Skeeter said that new cord has to be a null modem serial cable or it won't work

3 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

That is what I have always read from USCutter,  4800, for MH, right from their instructions.  Then you always say it's 9600.  :huh:  I am just taking that number from what they have posted for years. 

My first unit wasn't the MH-Mk2 ----  this is 8 years ago, from 2012, and was the older model MH.

I am now using the SC2, and for the love of Pete, it runs at 256,000 baud! I kid you not.