Amax Printing

Pinch Roller Wheels

Hi guys , I know this has nothing to do with the subject I have chosen but couldn’t really find one that fits . But basically on my vinyl cutter one of the pinch rollers , the rubber on the wheels seems to have warped alittle bit causing it the snag and jam up the vinyl while it’s feeding it through  (images and video shown it’s me just running it across the table to show you what I mean by the warping) obviously a replacement is needed as I inherited this machine and don’t imagine the pinch rollers have been changed in a few years. I am currently ordering new ones but I have a big print job on that needs to go out as I have just started this new company and this job in question is running behind due to the whole COVID situation , I was wondering if there was any quick fixes to get this job out ? I’ve heard putting the little wheel in the freezer to try shrink the rubber up . Could possibly loosening the clamp on the roller itself stop the warped push. Any recommendations much appreciated as I have my back up against the wall.

cheers guys

max

0CD230EF-EC8A-4689-B165-114D3462E5AA.jpeg

Which cutter?  How many pinch rollers on the cutter?   Do you really have to use that pinch roller? Where is the position of it on the cutter?  Will the tracking still work, if that pinch rollers is not used at all?   If it is a Titan like the category you put this in, it has several pinch rollers going across.  Never understood why a 28" cutter needed 4 pinch rollers.  Even on my 36" Seiki. I only used 2 of the 4 pinch rollers.  If you put the pinch rollers an equal distance from the vinyl edge, like 1.5 inches, it should feed straight. 

It only has two pinch rollers . Is it a common thing after years of use the rubber wheel starts to warp or could it be a pressure problem when I clamp it down ? I cut something yesterday and it was fine , I come to cut it today and it’s gone like this . It’s a seikitech cuuter

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Which cutter?  How many pinch rollers on the cutter?   Do you really have to use that pinch roller? Where is the position of it on the cutter?  Will the tracking still work, if that pinch rollers is not used at all?   If it is a Titan like the category you put this in, it has several pinch rollers going across.  Never understood why a 28" cutter needed 4 pinch rollers.  Even on my 36" Seiki. I only used 2 of the 4 pinch rollers.  If you put the pinch rollers an equal distance from the vinyl edge, like 1.5 inches, it should feed straight. 

It only has two pinch rollers . Is it a common thing after years of use the rubber wheel starts to warp or could it be a pressure problem when I clamp it down ? I cut something yesterday and it was fine , I come to cut it today and it’s gone like this . It’s a seikitech cutter

You put the problem under Titan vinyl cutter, so figured it was. Sorry,  No help here.  This should  be posted under Competitor Cutter Help. 

Sounds like excessive pressure. Even vehicle tires sitting on a solid surface will have a tendency to get "out of round". Just my $.02I would relieve the tension and then run it back and forth several times starting with minimum pressure and increase the pressure in small increments. This MAY round it back out.

Help us out by telling us the make and model of the cutter you do have.

Have you tried checking your cutter manufacturer's website to see if they have replacement pinch rollers?

FYI - when not using your cutter, I'd recommend the pinch rollers be in the 'up' position, to avoid any potential flat spots.

• Like 2