Sign in to follow this  
protek

Customer Service

I suggest hiring more people to alleviate some of the work load that Ken has and make customer service more available to us. When we call, pm and Email with minimal or no results, it becomes frustrating. It ultimately reflects on the company but Ken has to take the brunt of it.

One would think that a business that does such volume would provide the customer support that would be expected.

Customer support can make or break a company. You might last a few years but eventually someone will do better and the customers will leave.

Products should be shipped when promised and tracking numbers should be provided to the customer.

you have valid points of course but the forums are not the place to get them noticed by anyone who can do something about it. Marcus has made attempts to hire extra help. Apparently,easier said than done.

PM Marcus would be your best bet.

btw,Ken is head of tech support,not the shipping department. I expect he can chack on your cutter Monday. FRom what I hear,shipping is also short-handed at the moment.

Hiya John, Hope all is well with you,

I feel sorry for Ken as he is "the" only person that picks up the phone. So to us, he is the one that handles everything.

I understand that they are low on staff there but PM'g anyone else including emailing gets you nowhere :angel:

They could place an ad in the paper or on line for warehouse or shipping and receiving people that will work for the going wage in Washington and let Marcus get back to biz but, I think they are to greedy and eventually it will hurt them.

I completely understand not getting more techs as that is  a much more detailed position than shipping.

As it is right now and has been since I got my first cutter, the one and only point of contact has been Ken. I don't think anyone else there even comes on the forums or reads their PM's or emails unless you file a complaint and escalate it to a claim with Paypal. That was the only time Marcus ever responded to anything and even then still never contacted me thru any method whatsoever. By that time Ken already handled it for me and I am waiting for my replacement.

I am just saying it is a bad way to deal with customers. Look at the forums, Ken is everywhere! Where is Marcus? That is why Ken is so busy and allot of calls, all emails and some phone messages go unanswered.

I am only calling them as they play out and it is not an opinion with me and some others but a fact that must be looked into by consumers and the company themselves to become a successful thriving business. Trust me, I want them around but at this rate it is debatable on a time frame of existence.

When I started my first company, I took no days off, If a customer had a problem, I was there as fast as I could be! If USCUTTER loses Ken ever, they might fail as it is obvious that the owner is not around to handle any concerns that customers might have nor has he assigned anyone to that task.

When you never get an Email back, tech support does not pick up or a phone call is not returned and promises are not met ... it is unsettling.

At the rate I am getting the service I need, I have lost more money and had many angry sleepless nights over my purchase than it was worth. If I would have purchased another roland, I would be cutting as I type.

Another FACT all should know is that I purchased my machine from USCUTTER on April 2nd of 2008. Right now it is MAY 25th! I have no machine and or  means of communication because only ONE person does everything. BUT, I do have Lost business and customers that went elsewhere.

The reason I posted in this part of the forum is because it says "Business Feedback". Not only am I addressing the issues I as well as many others have had but, I think they need to focus on the clients. I don't think that you or anyone as a forum moderator should make excuses or defend them when you have not had the experience that some of us have had as this place in the forum is for suggestions. That is exactly what I did, made a suggestion and nothing else. Now it has gone elsewhere to this extent and I am growing upset again because of the initial response for an excuse of poor business practices.

I wish them the best of luck but they need to take a step back and asses their business plan.

Paul

I understand where you are coming from, all valid points.  But I see this as endemic across all business and this is why.

You bought something that literally may have had a profit margin of 50 dollars, in some cases maybe a little more-little less.  It used to be that when people lamented about the past and great service they had actually paid for it in the form of good profit margins.  Now, there are no profit margins and when I purchased from this company, I read the fine print and figured I took a certain amount of risk along with the benefit of low price.

If I wanted no risk, I could have purchased a more expensive unit that came with instructions, technical support, training etc. 

I am just playing devils advocate here, but heck you could have just purchased another one of these disposable things and had the returned one as a spare, they are that cheap.  (I remember the old days when a mouse was 500 bucks)

Service, costs money....That simple.  Maybe yes, they should get more support and charge enough to hire this extra guy who will cost a fair amount to have employed, but then again the current business model is based predominately on price and value.    My thoughts.

Dave

P.S. I had an issue BTW and turnaround on cases was just fine and the replacement part was sent ASAP, no charge.  I am very happy.  I also worked in tech support for a large US company and if you wanted more than 24hr response you had to pay extra for it.

Your cutter is on the way, and we have hired some more staff......now we just need to break 'em in. Thank you for your patience.

;D

I had to pay for my replacement motherboard, and for overnight shipping aswell as saturday shipping.  But my part didn't show up til Tuesday.  How's that for service?

well, all I can say is ken is not involved with the shippng department..all he can do is pass the info on to them.

They make mistakes and it doesn't help that they are new.

Yep, was a shipping booboo. The order I entered specifically says FedEx OverNight with Sat delivery. Should of went out Friday- did not make it out until Monday. With the amount of stuff we ship every day, these things happen. All I can do is apologize........

it actually didnt get here til tuesday ken - if i'd had it shipped regular freight on thursday it woulda been here probably on tuesday.

ps Im shipping the other one back today, how long will my refund take?

Once we receive the defective part, it will be processed. Migth take a day or two to show up on your end though.

WOW well put protec I have recently left because of this and they get mad when I call asking for a tracking number.  I went to signwarehouse.com and I asked them to match these prices they did and gave me free shipping and told me before I buy from uscutter contact them so when I contact them they have always beat these prices and either matched shipping or gave it to me for 9.99.  They since lowered all their prices at signwarehouse.com I think they are trying to get customers to come they have everything in stock always also.  uscutter has to provide better customer service to get customers back if they can.  I am going to buy a 48" cutter and the copam is good but I fell I should go else where if I should need them for warranty I would end up getting mad because they just don't have the customer support they need.  Unless they hear these things they might not take action?

when I first joined these forums nobody had anything good to say about signwarehouse either. Things happen and things change. Everyone makes mistakes. You'll have a bad experience with SW sooner or later.

Not sure what your talking about pleasant people no attatude, best prices, they have everything in stock, they tell me to contact them before I buy here or anywhere because they will beat all prices for me. Also plenty of people to help much more stock and products.   I am not sure that what you are saying aligns with this and my experience.

Guest fivestar

Not sure what your talking about pleasant people no attatude, best prices, they have everything in stock, they tell me to contact them before I buy here or anywhere because they will beat all prices for me. Also plenty of people to help much more stock and products.   I am not sure that what you are saying aligns with this and my experience.

Keep dealing with them.  You'll see what John's talking about.

Signwarehouse experience for me.....had to call to get low prices and low shipping , as well as then being greased over and tried to sell other products.  I also requested samples and were told they were on the way....they have never showed up.  My account is under Thomas Zimmerman there, but everything gets shipped to Frank Zimmerman at my address....I have been assured 3 times by them that it was changed after a frustrating 15 minutes figuring out over and over that my name is Thomas....not Frank, but yes that is my address and yes those were my orders and yes thats my credit card with THOMAS on the name.  Did I mention.....after ALL that....they sent the wrong vinyl?  I know I probly just got extremely unlucky, but all that is and was enough to make me order everything I can from UScutter.

My experience with UScutter......they responded same day to a support ticket and sent me my part quickly and free of charge for my refine (it was a plug that was cracked).  When I needed 30" vinyl that they didn't show on their webpage they added it SAME DAY for dropshipment from oracal, and corrected a pricing error that I found same day.

My advice to people.....use support.uscutter.com.  I have yet to make any inquiry there that wasn't responded to quickly and easily.  Experiences vary, but I just want to share my positive experience with uscutter and my negative with signwarehouse.  Signwarehouses shipping is fast though I will give them that.

I was asying that 2 years ago nobody here had anything good to say about them. Common name for them was Sign Whorehouse. It took me a year before I decided to order from them..and only then because they were the closest to me that had what I needed. Experience was good ONCE I FOUND SOMEONE TO DEAL WITH WHO WASN"T AN IDIOT. I guess it's all in who you talk to,and as I said,this was 2 years ago. Things may have changed. All I know for now is I had to pay $9.00 to ship a few 6" squeegees that probably cost them $2 to ship.

Personally, I find it in VERY bad taste to criticize a supplier on their own forum and promote someone else. But I reckon that's how people are when things don't go their way.

well I can say your a moderator so only one side is expected how can a moderator have much weight to what they say when we all know what your going to say before you say itand I SURE AM GLAD THEY TREAT ME BETTER THAN THEY DID YOU ALL that had problems.  What you have to say cannot in anyway change my good experience with them or others.  Like I said glad they treat me better than you..  At least when I call and talk with them I feel I am talking to real people where as here I feel I am walking on ice waiting for them to get a fast attitude.  Like I said glad they treat me better than they did you.  Your a moderator that means your one sided or they will not let you......hmmm ok.

I wan't a moderator then.

Your attitude is bad and maybe you need to find another place to do your whining.

actually, I can make that decision. Step over the line and see how fast .

Guest fivestar

actually, I can make that decision. Step over the line and see how fast .

LMAO they don't call you BANnerJohn for nothing. 

according to you I already did now your just all talk.........  there are other user names to use any way mister.  I will always speak my mind no need for you to EVER think different.