brent_bousquet

mh721-mk2 not cutting whole image and making a diagonal cut in the middle of the cut

Not sure if that is correct for the MK2 as the Uscutter instructions we found for Windows 7 said 4800.  All you can do at this point is make sure your driver is installed correctly  for the Keyspan.  Go into the properties and make sure there is not a question mark beside it.   Try other cutters in the list.    Reboot everything,  Nothing more that I can help with.  It's a matter of making the computer talk to the cutter.  Maybe even try in  Windows 7 mode, . 

Try different com ports on your computer. Just make sure they match.  or a different computer.  Try a trial of Vinyl Master or  Signcut.  

58 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

what do you have the baud rate at?   They have to match, in the Keyspan and Signblazer  It has to be on  Hardware 

How do I set it on the keyspan I don't have any interface with it. 

it just has driver downloads thats all. And unfortunately it works perfectly for the trials, thats why I went a head and bough sure cut. it wasnt until i got the full version that it had issues. 

We saw a Tripp-lite Keyspan Assistant last night from another user who was using a Tripp-lite Keyspan.  And it had several things on it, to test speed, properties, mapping etc. 

i dug out an old laptop that had a disc drive and installed the drivers from that. Turns out the assistant is part of the overall install and theres just no icon for it you have to search for it. Anyway long story short it still doesnt work. I appreciate everyones help. I was really hopping to get this working before fathers day because my dad asked me to cut out some vinyl strips for his motorcycle but i guess i will just have to cut out templates on my laser then cut them by hand. 

If anyone has any other ideas or can figure out why the computer doesnt recognize the cutter when its attached to the keyspan feel free to let me know but at this point i feel bad for continuing to take up your time. 

This was what I found in the user manual

5.1 - Keyspan Serial Assistant Besides the required drivers, the Keyspan USB Serial Adapter software installer installs an application called Keyspan Serial Assistant. This application is used to: • Determine the status of the adapter software and hardware • Assist in problem solving Launching the Keyspan Serial Assistant To launch the Assistant, open the Keyspan Serial Assistant (in Start menu -> Programs -> Keyspan USB Serial Adapter -> Keyspan Serial Assistant). When you open the Keyspan Serial Assistant, you will see the following window

I found it, Its useless. It shows me the com port which I already knew, shows me the status which is just idle untill I send a job to it in signblazer and that's it. The computer is finding the keyspan fine it's just not recognizing the cutter on the other end.

9 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

This was what I found in the user manual

5.1 - Keyspan Serial Assistant Besides the required drivers, the Keyspan USB Serial Adapter software installer installs an application called Keyspan Serial Assistant. This application is used to: • Determine the status of the adapter software and hardware • Assist in problem solving Launching the Keyspan Serial Assistant To launch the Assistant, open the Keyspan Serial Assistant (in Start menu -> Programs -> Keyspan USB Serial Adapter -> Keyspan Serial Assistant). When you open the Keyspan Serial Assistant, you will see the following window

Just to make sure, you do have the cutter online or ready to cut , correct?  Some folks have forgotten to do that.  Have you tried connecting it to the older laptop?  And have you tried other cutters besides the Redsail in Signblazer?  Roland PNC1000 is a generic driver that works with other cutters. As well as hopefully, you are sending a cut, and not print. 

Maybe you can find or pay someone to remote your computer, but I can't think of anything else. 

Yes I'm sending a cut, yes the cutter is on, I'll try some other ones and see but I don't think that will help because the computer doesn't see anything at all on the other end of the keyspan adaptor. The older laptop has windows 10 on it because I replaced the hard drive last year with an SSD I had left over from building my media PC 

well after all this i downloaded vinyl master, plugged in the usb, and it just worked no problem. thanks again for all the help i wish i could have solved it for anyone else who gets this problem in the future but i guess i would just tell them to use vinyl master instead 

• Like 1

Reviving a seemingly dead topic.  I have a MH 871 MK2 and am using Sure Cuts A lot.  I am getting the same random diagonal glitch.  All of the links in this thread are all dead.  I have looked in the forum and have not found a similar thread, so I thought I would resurrect this one as I am having the same exact issue.

Thanks in advance.

Win 10 64 bit

Sure Cuts A lot 5.0 Pro

MH 871 MK2 on USB

Reviving a seemingly dead topic.  I have a MH 871 MK2 and am using Sure Cuts A lot.  I am getting the same random diagonal glitch.  All of the links in this thread are all dead.  I have looked in the forum and have not found a similar thread, so I thought I would resurrect this one as I am having the same exact issue.

Thanks in advance.

Win 10 64 bit

Sure Cuts A lot 5.0 Pro

MH 871 MK2 on USB

Typically when you get the slash, it means the software is still in Trial mode.

Thanks in advance.

Win 10 64 bit

Sure Cuts A lot 5.0 Pro

MH 871 MK2 on USB

Is this what you are getting? Or something else?  Also does it happen with the pen tool?  If not, then possibly static from the vinyl. People spray  a static spray in the area or wipe their cutter with dryer sheets and put dryer sheets in the vinyl rolls. Make sure your cutter is grounded to the stand, or you could fry a z chip. 

If you are getting two horizontal lines through your cut job when using Sure Cuts a Lot, this is because the software hasn't been activated. It is running in trial mode and is putting a watermark through your work. You can activate the software by going to the Help menu and clicking "Activate".