Bellaunca

Mh721 broken usb replacement HELP!!

You'll need a null modem serial cable, other than that, and the software settings you should be good to go. No drivers needed.

can usb to serial cable adapter also work?  Do I need driver or anything to use the MH-871?  

My usb port broke off, so I bought a new one and soldered it on, but compute is not recognizing it.

Trying to try plan B.  but this cable is so much cheaper than the other ones online.

adapter.png

You need a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter for a vinyl cutter. That is the brand name.  Those cheap USB to serial will not work with a vinyl cutter.   Then you connect the null modem cable that came with your vinyl cutter to the adapter end, then to the vinyl cutter.   The Tripplite has it's own driver.

Find the best price

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USA-19HS/dp/B0000VYJRY/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2IDH04NVBT4Q2&dchild=1&keywords=tripp+lite+keyspan+adapter&qid=1620306140&sprefix=tripplite+keyspan+adapter%2Caps%2C290&sr=8-3

• Like 1

It might work, but it's a gamble, and not a good one. The tripp-lite keyspan is known to work and used by many on the forums.

If you're trying to use the USB connection on the cutter you will need a driver, it is the driver for the FTDI chip in the cutter. If you are connecting serial to serial you do not need a driver, if you are connecting usb-serial adapter to serial on cutter you will need a driver for the adapter.

• Like 1