Tessa

Graphtec FC7000 Problem

I have a Graphtec FC7000-130 and I have a computer program that is linked to it. When we send something for it to cut, it starts cutting random letters and numbers in a line. It is suppose to be a smooth line and we called the computer program and r\they said it was something with the machine. If someone could help me out that would be appreciated. 

No mention of which cutting software.  What are you doing when it is cutting these random letters/numbers?  Show a screen shot/or a picture of what is happening.   How long have you owned the cutter?  Are you experienced with it? The more info that you can provide, will help a lot. 

We bought this used and the old owner said it worked perfectly. I do not know which cutting software is on it. How do you know? I am trying to cut out car pieces for a clear bra. There is not a picture it just cuts out a line of letters and numbers like a code. 

The software would have to be on your computer. What software are you opening to cut with?  The cutter requires a cutting software.   Which software did you install on your computer to cut with?  Have you  read the user manual on how to cut with this cutter? It's at the Graphtec site. You should be reading your user manual and learning how to operate this cutter.    What does this mean? "I have a  computer program that is linked to it"

• Like 1

Yeah Tessa you're going to have to help us out with more details. 

PC or Mac?

What is the name of the program that you are sending the file from to the cutter?

What type of file are you trying to send? Did you make the file or buy it or what? 

I would be very surprised if it was the Graphtec FC cutter that has the problem those things are tanks. Pretty sure we just have new user syndrome which is great news because you can fix that yourself. (meaning you can learn what's going on and be good to go)

• Like 1

We are using a PC and have the program called computer cut downloaded onto it. Thee file is from the website. You can search car parts then you highlight the part and paste it into the cutting section of the program. We have watched many videos and have called this program multiple times and they said we are doing everything right on that end. We then turn on the Graphtec and load in vinyl. It does the programming on how big the piece is then goes to the different force, speed ect. We set those up and then push cut on computer cut program. I should cut out lines of the parts of cars. For example a cover for the mirrors. Instead it cuts a line of numbers and letters vertically down the whole page until we turn it off. We do not understand how to change it to cut what the program is saying...

Another thing is when we push test on our plotter it works perfectly to cut out the triangles. 

This is the name of the vinyl cutter,  not the cutting software name.  "FC7000 MK2 SERIES" You need a cutting software to import your file into, then you send it to the cutter. Please take time and read your user manual. And check out youtube for videos on cutting. Many videos out there.   I have never heard of Computer Cut software ( Had to look it up) Tint software. . But any software other than Graphtec software has to be on Command HP-GL. Look in the cutter menu for Command.  Only Graphtec software runs on GP-GL language.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5900b1a3c534a5aa8149a65c/t/59318c252e69cf76081bcfc5/1496419370130/FC7000+User+Manual.pdf

Cutting software for Graphtec. 

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-softwares

I don't know anything about Computer Cut software, but did you go into the software and set your Graphtec FC7000 into the software?  Does the software, Computer Cut show that it is connected to the Graphtec FC7000? It should somewhere. 

• Like 1

computer cut appears to be a proprietary software just for tint - they would have to provide support on any interaction with the plotter - In all the years I have never seen anyone on the uscutter site that used it.  Heck I only seen one or two that used tint tek that uscutter sells :/

I wasn't going to get involved in this discussion (figured it was going to be an entertainment thread, hence the popcorn post).

So far, I've been right.

However, I will chime in with one really, really obvious suggestion.

SignBlazer.  (OK, who didn't see THAT coming!)

Tessa, once you get the FREE SBE program loaded on your pc, and type something in the workspace, it should just get your machine to cut properly.

Now, with that taken care of, let's figure out how to get your TINT TEMPLATES to cut. This is going to require a bit of convoluted and complex instructions, so buckle up your seatbelt

Ready? Here goes ---

For example a cover for the mirrors.

In your CC program, you'll have the part loaded on the screen and now need to transfer it into SignBlazer as a vector file.
Unfortunately, I have no way to know exactly how your CC program handles EXPORTS (if it does at all). Check in the File menu of CC and maybe you'll get lucky with this, and there will be an option to EXPORT as .eps.  (OK, if it does, then you're all set, because SBE will then IMPORT it). If not, then we're gonna have do some further Brain Salad Surgery.

Get back to us when you're at that point.

In the meantime, I'm eating my popcorn.

My bet is on the wrong Command for the software.   This is even on the UScutter site.  It is the same for all Graphtecs.

Graphtec numbers.JPG

• Like 3