Sign in to follow this  
Orion17

Need help cutting outline into a solid

So I'm working on a project for a race car and I want to layer two solid images instead of layering an outline over a the solid for more durability.  So the orange cuts solid, but the black cuts as the outline.  So I want to cut that black as a solid color to overlay the orange on top. However I cant figure out how to cut the black as a solid image. Any help?  Using VM PRO

NAILOR.jpg

I would create a very very close or zero distance outline of the black letters, square corners - and cut that. Or you can delete all the inner nodes but that would take more time. 

I would cut the black as a solid, and layer the orange over the black.

Doing a thin black outline to overlay on the orange, will not give it more durability - if anything, it'll be more inclined to peel because you now have not just an outside edge, but an inside one too.

nj - front.jpg

nj - back.jpg

4 hours ago, haumana said:

Doing a thin black outline to overlay on the orange, will not give it more durability - if anything, it'll be more inclined to peel because you now have not just an outside edge, but an inside one too.

nj - front.jpg

nj - back.jpg

4 hours ago, haumana said:

nj - front.jpg

nj - back.jpg

Thats what Im trying to do but I dont know how to get it to cut as a solid. 

Just Type out your Text (or Select your Object) and Menu> Objects> Outlining Module (Shift+ALT+N) or under the "T" Symbol in the Tool Panel.

Adjust your Outline's Options and "Accept". Your Outline will be a full pad under your Object that you can cut by Color.

• Like 1

I'll give you this, but I highly encourage you to spend some time getting to know the software. I posted the two files that could've been use for vectorizing to be cut.

nj.pdf

nj 2-color.eps

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this