Hi, 

I just rrecieved my UScutter SC 2 and I am having a hard time knowing where to line my vinyl up at to start the cut. I have been doing a test cut and it is starting about 7 inches over. Can someone help me!!!!????

From support.  Go down to placing your vinyl.  But the carriage head at the lower right hand corner of the vinyl. Cutters cut right to left.  Make sure you push the ORIGIN button, before you send your cut.   Never be pulling from a roll while cutting, always have enough vinyl slack behind the cutter to do the entire job. 

https://support.uscutter.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037884131-Day-1-with-your-vinyl-cutter

Thank you for getting back to me. This past test cut was better but I am still having issues. I'm not sure if you will be able to answer this but if I have the origin point set to the factory setting and I am using 24inch wide vinyl and my design is about 23.5 inches wide I am not sure how far over shift the vinyl. I found this to be very hard. Does this make sense? Thank you in advance for all of your help!

You don't want to cut that close to the vinyl edge, where you only have 1/4" inch on each side.  What size is the design?  

3 minutes ago, Samantha33 said:

I figured it out... thank you so much for your help. I am going to have to make my design a little smaller.

Yes, those value cutters do not track that well either, and you may just run off the edge of the vinyl.  You don't want to be cutting into your teflon cutting strip. Your welcome.

Hi Sam,   Just be sure that in your VinylMaster software cut manager, the checkbox is DESELECTED that says "Absolute Position" (rarely will you need that).  In SCALP, it's called WYSIWYG, and that's not what you want in general.

If those suggestions don't help. Let us know what software you're actually using. Screen shots also help.