13subie

MH721-mk2 with Sure cuts a lot pro 4: Problems

OK had the cutter for a few years. Moved and PC's "improve".

Hooked up the cutter to  a new PC window 10 64 bit.

trial versions of software worked fine over USB.

Purchased the full version and it worked for a few days. It didn't even notice the cutter as being there. 

Picked up the serial to USB adapter and after some trial and error have managed to get it to at least say its cutting.  But, it does nothing. I unplug the cable and then it will start to moving the progress bar. But, doesn't cut. 

Am I missing something simple?

TIA Dean

The USB adapter emulates a comm port, which comm port is it set to? Make sure you have your cutting program set to the correct comm port. Also make sure the baud rate is 9600. Which adapter did you get? They are not all created equal and they don't all work. The Tripp lite one is what everyone on here recommends as it is well proven.

• Like 1

Yeah I checked the com port at 4 and baud rate 9600. The program is as well.  I have the insignia adapter. Ill look for the Tripp lite one. 

Crazy thing is it worked fine up until a few days ago with the USB. No idea what may have changed.

Thanks

What happens when you use SignBlazer and Com 2 -- change it from port 4 to 2 manually in the windows Device Manager.

Also, you'll probably need the driver for the USB emulation.

You are not really helping us troubleshoot.

SignBlazer (choose RedSail in cutter setup)  ?

Com 2 ?

Reboot computer ?

• Like 1

Does the test function on the cutter work? Long shot but the cutter itself might have died.

I just got a new Tripp lite. I can now use the test function in the Sure cuts alot program and it makes the carriage go up and down. 

But, when I start to cut something the carriage moves slowly to the left of the machine. The vinyl rollers roll out the entire roll. Then the carriage stays at the far left.

Any Ideas on that one? 

Ive been searching for an answer for this for over a week. 

Thanks I appreciate wll the help!!!