Laughing Coyote

New Titan 3 not cutting border correctly

Hi all.  New to the Forum and have a question regarding the new Titan 3 28" with ARMS I just received. I have it all set up, did the bar code scan, and all the other stuff to get it up and running. The issue is after doing the scan of the "contour cut test page", when I go to cut it, the cut line is to far to the left and not contour cutting evenly all the way around the designs.  Am I missing something? Setting? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

IMG_5965.JPG

Let's make sure you started out right from the git go.  Hopefully you set your blade depth correctly.  Too many wrong instructions out there stating using a credit card or post it notes to set your blade depth.  This is wrong and too much blade exposed. This is how to correctly set your blade depth.  Hopefully this is how you did also.  Blade depth has to be set correctly before other settings are adjusted, force and blade offset.   Also calibrate your cutter to your software, so the size is correct.  This can be found in the Vinyl Spooler, if using Vinyl Master.  

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

I have the blade depth set right. I'm using the pen and paper for the contour tests right now. I have a MH-871-MK2 machine also I use for my regular cutting I just wanted a machine to contour cut around logos. 

UScutter doesn't come here for support, you will have to call them tomorrow.  Pacific time and they close for lunch.  

• Like 1

I know nothing about this, but from the image Mz Skeeter posted, seems to me that you  just need to adjust the ARMS Offset.

Spoke with Tech support today. After some test and troubleshooting they came to the conclusion that the mother board is not functioning correctly.  They are going to send one out next day. Once it's been changed out we will see what happens then.  If it's not going to work like advertised then it goes back to them for a return. 

• Like 1

I am a Graphtec person, like a lot of old timers on here. Bought new 2008.  Never a problem.  I cut almost daily.

The Graphtec machines are nice, so are the Roland's.  I would like to have a Gerber set up, but to rich for my blood right now.  When I started to get into vinyl cutting I just needed an inexpensive machine to do lettering so that's when I bought the MH 871.  Now I'm doing more colored printed logos and cutting out the designs with scissors is a pain. Especially when you have to do 30 pcs. That's why I hope this cutter works out.  I also see Sign Warehouse has their Rouge version with ARMS, but probably the same optics as the Titan brand.  I guess I will see shortly when I get the new parts.

I received my new mother board and got it up and running. Then started to get an error. Talked with tech on the phone for a hour troubleshooting it and finally got it all figured out. I ran a few things and it seems to work fine. Time will tell when it gets used more.

• Like 2

when you move up again  down the road - if your primary interest is contour cutting, the Rolands cannot be beat (I have never used a summa but many many others) - if you want fine detail the graphtecs are my choice  -- - -   Hopefully the titan will give you many good years of service