Market_71

Object (Inverting color) is not show right

When trying to put the small soccer ball on the object the black and white get inverted. I want the soccer ball to like the soccer ball in the top left. I have tried using weld and punch. I have also tried using combine. The black vinyl will be put on a wh ite wall.

20200525_211502.thumb.jpg.8892c643b3a46919a896c32abc269f14.jpg

I can't remember what terms VM uses to discuss these kinds of things. The ball in question is either a 1 or 2 color object. If 2 color and the white is layered on top of a black circle then ungroup it and just use the white. If its a single color object and what appears white is actually a hole in the black circle it is a compound shape and you can usually release it which will make it a 2 layer object. 

Sometimes if I am unsure if something is layered or a compound (hole or "knock-out") I will create a new object and change the color and drop it down so it is on a lower layer than the object in question and drag it in behind the object to see if I can see the color show up behind it. When dealing with black and white on a white screen it can get confusing. 

• Like 1

I assuming you're taking the ball from the left and punching it through to get the results. You want the inverse of that so. Draw a circle slightly larger than the ball, then punch the ball through the new circle, then punch that image through the shield image.

• Like 3

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.