bobbybuick

carrier sheet on mh cutter scraps ?

question can you buy a carrier sheet for a cameo or cricut to cut the scraps .i find the cutting small pieces for a name or arm tag on a tee it would be helpfull.

If so do you have to change the depth or pressure settings or will the machine compensate for the extra thickness 

thanks Bob

19 minutes ago, bobbybuick said:

question can you buy a carrier sheet for a cameo or cricut to cut the scraps .i find the cutting small pieces for a name or arm tag on a tee it would be helpfull.

If so do you have to change the depth or pressure settings or will the machine compensate for the extra thickness 

thanks Bob

Your pressure is your pressure. If it was right when you cut the original it will still be correct. Speed may need to be a little slower if you were cutting at high speeds simply because there is a lot more mass/weight flopping around. 

2 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

Your pressure is your pressure. If it was right when you cut the original it will still be correct. Speed may need to be a little slower if you were cutting at high speeds simply because there is a lot more mass/weight flopping around. 

ok so the pressure is the pressure weather it is agaist the mat or the ribbon and auto adjust to the fixed pressure point .i have mine set about 100 plus or minus according to what im cutting .thanks guys for the quick reply

How small of scraps are you cutting? The MH has movable pinch rollers and I've cut some pretty small scraps pieces without the need for a carrier. You just need to have enough so that the pinch rollers can keep a hold of it for the entire cut.

When I started out I tried to use every single part of the vinyl. After a short while, I realized it was a waste of time compared to the cost of the vinyl I was trying to save. Now I'll keep decent sized pieces of scrap but anything less than 6" or so I'll toss, just not worth the hassle.

3 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

How small of scraps are you cutting? The MH has movable pinch rollers and I've cut some pretty small scraps pieces without the need for a carrier. You just need to have enough so that the pinch rollers can keep a hold of it for the entire cut.

When I started out I tried to use every single part of the vinyl. After a short while, I realized it was a waste of time compared to the cost of the vinyl I was trying to save. Now I'll keep decent sized pieces of scrap but anything less than 6" or so I'll toss, just not worth the hassle.

agreed but sometimes i might want a 4x6 or so .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobbybuick said:

ok so the pressure is the pressure weather it is agaist the mat or the ribbon and auto adjust to the fixed pressure point .i have mine set about 100 plus or minus according to what im cutting .thanks guys for the quick reply

The force is determined on how you set your blade depth. You must set your blade depth correct first, before force and offset. Do not use any blade depth setting instructions that use a credit card to determine the depth.  It is wrong and too much blade exposed out of the blade holder.  This is the correct way. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobbybuick said:

Unless you're trying to use all every bit of the 4x6, a scrap that size should be easily usable. I'd feed it in so that the long side moves in and out of the cutter. Doing that you can use virtually the full 4 inches and probably about 5.5" although I usually leave a bit more room for error.

• Like 1

For small pieces of vinyl, I'll put them onto a larger sized backing paper.

10 hours ago, bobbybuick said:

I do the same with HTV. It's extra expensive and often used for small LC work. I keep a bin that I throw all my scraps into and regularly dig in there for pieces when I need a one-off. I also agree with darcshadow that most of those can be cut just fine by adjusting the pinch rollers and not messing with the cutting mat. The mat's are rather stiff and cause about as much problems as they cure. I have a couple and use them once in a while to cut things like stencils or perhaps a piece of paper but a couple payers of app tape on the back of the vinyl will do just as well for most regular sized things. 

11 hours ago, slice&dice said:

For small pieces of vinyl, I'll put them onto a larger sized backing paper.

I do the same. Use a little scotch tape on the edges to tape them to the backing paper. Free cutting mat.

I got one from us cutter as linked .i like to put a private label on the inside of the shirts im currenting making, mostly giving away to friends .Adding a little personal touch .I used the mat yesterday on a 2 inch piece for the inside collar logo out of scrap and worked perfectly .thanks to all Bob 

• Like 1