racecar_rick

Newbie to Us Cutter and PrismCut

Hi,

I'm kind of new at vinyl cutting, I've been making stickers with a Seiki plotter my friend gave me for about 8 months.  I just recently purchased a new PrismCut P20 because I was looking for a better quality cut and I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money.  I wasn't sure if it was the right decision until I got it and cut my first sticker.....night and day.   The PrismCut is much smoother and quieter and the detail makes it priceless!  I then purchased a MH stand and cut it down (shorter and narrower) it works perfectly.  I figured if I needed something bigger I have the Seiki plotter as a back-up.  Oh yeah my software I'm using is VinylMaster LTR that I bought when my friend gave me the Seiki because the Seiki came with Artcut garbage.IMG_4782.thumb.JPG.c7b45d6c8ed0e599c9b37b44243a2eb2.JPG 

Thanks Rick

• Like 3

Congrats, let us know how you like the machine. I think you're the first person on the forum who has one.

• Like 2

I tried a test to see how small I could cut a clean image.  There were a couple of places I did a bad job weeding it was cut perfectly I just missed a little bit with the tweezers and dug it a little.  I have some new tools on the way.  I did this with my naked eye, it has some very tiny pieces.  I've added the file so you can see the actual image I cut.  

PrismCut P20 45 deg blade set @ 400 and 70.  VinylMaster LTR 4.2  stock image aprox size 1 1/2 x 3.flowers.thumb.png.628cf512030dae5955c299cada43f779.pngtest.thumb.jpg.58f6a2dec883b799660009a7dcdeb109.jpg

Rick

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just picked one up...GLAD  I did. Figured it would be easy to carry to flea markets and other events and cutting from usb drive works great. Awesome little rig...I have other

US cutters and Summacut setups but this little thing is kinda cool. Quiet for a stepper. 

Not much Feedback on this so Just putting in my 2 Cents!!

• Thanks 1

1. We appreciate the feedback, not many out there and most of the old timers never touched one to know about the prism cut 
  • Like 2

What's that click-clack noise?  (not the cutter blade rising/falling --  something else)