Sign in to follow this  
bobbybuick

Storage Ideas Vinyl and accessories

Hey All first post , Im new to this .I have had my cutter for about 3 weeks now .Thought i would share some ideas I had .First I am very limited in space in my home office so I had to go with the 28 inch cutter

MH-721.

I have been really impressed with the quality of the software ,support, and the cheap cutter i puchased .So far no issues limiting my production with a 24 inch width .Mostly T-Shirts and decals .So for storage i am using a coke 2 litre rack .I bought some to store pistons and rods on an engine rebuild, they work great for that as you can get them in 6 and in 8 .

Also the stacking posts can be used for the transfer tape so a total of 11 rolls can be stored in a 10 inches wide area.

Then I thought they should have made the cross bar on the stand horizontal.they could have made it a tray but I degress .As i wanted to store something under the cutter and still be able to move it .I purchased these drawers and used 2 pieces of aluminum angle i modified the ends to lay on the stand .

I store my heat press accessories (cheap 8 in 1) in one and my shirts  in the other one.i got them at the container store and it worked out great 

hope this helps someone else 

thanks Bob 

archive (45).zip

IMG_5789.jpg

IMG_5791.jpg

IMG_5790.jpg

• Like 1

I like the space saving ideas. 

You might consider keeping your good rolls of vinyl in plastic wraps so they don't dry out as fast. If you burn through them fast it won't matter but if you are like me and have rolls sitting for extended time it definitely helps the lifespan. HTV is less touchy that way but App tape is way way more likely to dry out and be ruined. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

I like the space saving ideas. 

You might consider keeping your good rolls of vinyl in plastic wraps so they don't dry out as fast. If you burn through them fast it won't matter but if you are like me and have rolls sitting for extended time it definitely helps the lifespan. HTV is less touchy that way but App tape is way way more likely to dry out and be ruined. 

thanks for the advice will do 

You don’t want to stack rolls especially 50 yard rolls it will cause flat spots......either stand on end or hang on vinyl rack that you could install high above your cutter or other spot so you don’t loose floor space.

• Like 3