kittenmonster

MH 721-MK2 Cutting magnets?

So my boyfriend bought this vinyl cutter so that we could make car magnets for his business. I have looked everywhere for information on cutting magnets and I couldn't find any. So I was wondering if someone could help me out with the info so I can get so car magnets made up. =)

use heavy magnet material from magnum magnetics - cut it with a straight edge and round the corners with a cropadile from hobby lobby badabing badaboom.   any magnet material thin enough to be cut on a plotter is not strong enough to hold long in my personal opinion.  I have done like above for years

• Like 2

I appreciate the suggestion but as he already bought all the equipment and materials for this specific purpose I am gonna try it with the vinyl plotter so at least everything doesn't just sit and go to waste. 

Trying to cut magnets that are strong enough to stick on a vehicle is one of the quickest way to break your cutter.

Doesn't matter if your boyfriend bought equipment for the task, if it's the wrong equipment.

• Like 3

Not gonna work. Just not.

There is a reason that you "have looked everywhere for information on cutting magnets and I couldn't find any."

• Like 1

I think you can laser cut them. Probably need a high end laser to do that but I'm pretty sure that's one way that the cool looking fridge magnets get cut. A die cut machine could stamp them out too I would imagine. If they need to be contoured to the design it gets into part of the industry where the big dogs with deep pockets have a corner on the market. 

• Like 1

As others have said, not going to happen, especially with a MH cutter. If you don't want the equipment to sit around and not be used, get some vinyl and make some decals.