Ginchgonch72

MH 721-MK2 not cutting printed pattern correctly

Hello I purchased this machine.  I print the svg onto a color transfer paper but when I use the program to do the cut on the same svg it’s not even close to lining up?  Has anyone had this issue?

Where did you buy your vinyl cutter?  Which cutting software are you using?  MH vinyl cutters sold at UScutter do not have an optical eye/laser for contour cutting. 

Never heard of EZcutter software.  Nothing like that  is used here.   Never heard of EZcutter. I do not see any such item sold on the US Amazon site or any seller by that name. They are your tech support. Have you tried contacting them?

Would you mind posting the link to the cutter you purchased?

21 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Where did you buy your vinyl cutter?  Which cutting software are you using?  MH vinyl cutters sold at UScutter do not have an optical eye/laser for contour cutting. 

946F4EC4-E600-4D64-BFFF-81D79EEF0C9A.png

Nothing about that Amazon ad  says EZcutter.   It is Vinyl Master software, bundled with a UScutter Refine vinyl cutter.  It does not have an optical eye or laser to read registration marks, to contour cut around a printed design.  

Have you heard of a bread making machine? You add the ingredients and it stirs it up and lets it rise then in the end bakes a little loaf of bread? What you are attempting is sort of like taking a bread machine and adding the ingredients for cinnamon rolls and and expecting it to come out correctly. 

Be a good idea to take some time and do some research about contour cuts and cutters that have optical eye's vs those that don't. It CAN be done sort of but not without some education and practice and a whole lot of patience. 

It IS possible to align a basic cutter to registration marks manually but it will always be less accurate. Your workflow will be something like this: #1 design the graphic, #2 add a contour line around the perimeter and registration marks, #3 print a test print, #3.1 calibrate your printer to your design software or verify the scale, #5 Print the project (or a test job) #6 load your print design into the cutter software (usually without the actual graphic, you only need the contour line and the registration marks from #2) #7 align your cutter to the registration marks (see individual cutting software for specifics), #8 attempt the cut (and hope your cutter is also in calibration with the design program.) 

I would guess your two biggest potential problems are scale of the print and scale of the cut. Print a test box of say 4"x4" and measure it. Does it come out exactly 4x4? Do the same with a cut design. If you have not calibrated your cutting software I can almost guarantee that that the 4x4 square will not be 4x4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1