Hello US Cutter Forums. I'm new to this forum and I'm new to vinyl cutters. I do powder coating jobs and I bought a silhouette cameo 4 specifically to cut high temp polyester masking tape to cut down my time on masking brake calipers and other projects. I played with the basic software Silhouette has and it seems easy enough. The part that I need help with is the blade settings. To save me time with playing with the settings I was wondering if anyone can help me. 

The material I will be cutting is a Lined green polyester tape that I purchased from powderbythepound. It is a 12" x 32 yard roll that I will be running through my cameo. It says its a 2mil thickness. Does that mean the blade depth needs to be adjusted to setting 2? I have the autoblade that came with the machine. Also what do you guys recommend for force and speed settings? 

green.jpg

51bMEszGG7L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Sounds like you should check out a craft cutter forum.   Silhouette forum. People here use full size vinyl cutters. I don't know of any person here that uses a Cameo and I have been on here for years.  We cut different types of vinyl. Not tape.   For our cutters, cutting vinyl. this is the correct way to set blade depth. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

I don't think you can adjust the blade for a silhouette the same as you can for a large cutter. As Skeeter suggested, might ask on a silhouette forum but you're probably just going to have to do trial and error to find the right settings.

As a side note, it is possible to use standard vinyl for powder coating. You just have to pull the part out after the power flows out and remove the vinyl, then stick it back in and finish the bake. I do this all the time for cups and tumblers. Might be a bit of a paint for brake calipers though.