winky

another mg mk2 and windows 10...

Cutter has been in storage for about two years got it out yesterday and my computer will not recognize it. I've tried almost everything I could find on the forums.. I'm using sure cuts a lot. But as stated computer doesnt even recognize the cutter. Using the usb cable supplied with cutter to connect to my pc. I'm sure people will need more info. I appreciate any and all help trying to get this thing to work.  I did download drivers, even went to another site (I cant remember off the top of my head) and downloaded their drivers. No luck so far. Thanks in advance.

42 minutes ago, winky said:

Cutter has been in storage for about two years got it out yesterday and my computer will not recognize it. I've tried almost everything I could find on the forums.. I'm using sure cuts a lot. But as stated computer doesnt even recognize the cutter. Using the usb cable supplied with cutter to connect to my pc. I'm sure people will need more info. I appreciate any and all help trying to get this thing to work.  I didnt download drivers, even went to another site (I cant remember off the top of my head) and downloaded their drivers. No luck so far. Thanks in advance.

I would start by downloading the drivers . . . remember if using usb it has a usb emulation chipset in it and does not operate or be recognized without the drivers for that chipset 

And when it is recognized, it will show up as a comm port, not a printer.

• Like 2

Auto correct must have got me on that one... I did download drivers. Sorry. Tried installing drivers threw scal as well.

• Like 1

I tried that last night as well, just tried it again same deal says 'can not open the output device error initializing cutter'

Ive even followed the instructions to disable the driver signature crap windows had, tried to install drivers again and nada.

I appreciate everyone's help, i honestly read and tried stuff for about 4 hours last night before i gave up. majority of the post were from when windows 10 first came out... i was hoping there was some kind of fix by now.

find out what COM PORT that windows assigned to the cutter, then go into settings in SBE and configure it to the matching port number, do not leave it on Auto.

2 minutes ago, haumana said:

find out what COM PORT that windows assigned to the cutter, then go into settings in SBE and configure it to the matching port number, do not leave it on Auto.

not sure the proper way to do that but in device manager is port 1 hub 1. just to be clear, the computer its self does not recognize the cutter, "unkown usb device (device descriptor failed)" but i will try putting it on that port again.

If the computer is not seeing it as a comm port then it's never going to work. You either don't have the correct drivers or they didn't install correctly.

• Like 1

OK, I see your problem ----  Win10. 

[[Mainstream support for Windows 10 will continue until Oct. 13, 2020 -- Microsoft Corporate VP of Windows Joe Belfiore confirmed that the company is indeed discontinuing Windows 10  — the latest version of its flagship operating system, released in mid-2017.]]

I swear, Microsoft screwed the pooch on Win10.  It was a hot mess from the get-go, and NEVER even approached the smoothness and simplicity of the OSx of it's rival from Apple.

The only thing you might try is changing the Port manually in Device manager. Right click and get into Properties/Advanced.

On 5/10/2020 at 10:19 AM, slice&dice said:

OK, I see your problem ----  Win10. 

[[Mainstream support for Windows 10 will continue until Oct. 13, 2020 -- Microsoft Corporate VP of Windows Joe Belfiore confirmed that the company is indeed discontinuing Windows 10  — the latest version of its flagship operating system, released in mid-2017.]]

I swear, Microsoft screwed the pooch on Win10.  It was a hot mess from the get-go, and NEVER even approached the smoothness and simplicity of the OSx of it's rival from Apple.

The only thing you might try is changing the Port manually in Device manager. Right click and get into Properties/Advanced.

Slice, where did you see the eol of win 10,  all I could find was different dates depending on which update you had and how long that particular ver was supported.  Everything else I found said there will be updates and no new version 

• Like 1