Sign in to follow this  
Stevi

Noobe Vector help

ok  no serial connect on my laptop .. I could move the software to my main box and run it off my desktop and make use of the serial connects there ,,  but that will pose issues down the road if and when i get to a point where i wanna be,  ie portable at races and events cutting for $$'s  .. but that is a thousand miles away.  First i gotta learn this stuff

gonna retry the cut again . the last time i ran it it seemed to do great right up till it froze... glad i got pleant of matts

getting a bunch of errors on initializing the cutter ,, it is installed to com6 right now ,,  hmm  wa a default of com5 when i first installed it

Guest Terry

That a sign of typical USB and laptop, not a fan of laptops for output.

:angel:  last night i grabbed this file and cut it perfectly .. no deep cuts or issues with picking up weed ..  I wanna say that short of a few tweeks the plotter  (PCut) is set up properly .  I cut this to a size of about 12" x 5" so i feel that whatever problem i am encountering are software and ID10T errors now

tranimals_00r.eps

tranimals_00r.eps

I would say more learning curve than id10t. Once you get it set up that is 99% of the battle. I rarely have any issues now. I have been doing it for 6 months.

One thing I would check is how far your blade is sticking out of the holder. If it is out too far, you will experience some of the symptoms you have described. I take my holder out of the carriage to adjust it. I will run it over a peice of scrap vinyl with light pressure until it will only cut through the vinyl and not the backing.

Well it looks like i am going to have to move this equipment to my main system .. I think you are right in that the USB interface is problematic .. I ran another cut and it did about the same % of the job then made a run (cut) from the bottom tire to the top of the riders head in a straight line and the a 45 degree angle across the entire job and stopped now the software has stopped responding and the cutter is "online ) and idle  DAMN!! 

You will be glad you did. It caused me a lot for frustration. Bite the bullet and do it now.

Guest Terry

you can buy a conversion card for serial for a laptop.

LOL  here is a new fresh hell ..  I have no serial ports on my main system either   LMAO !!

you can buy a conversion card for serial for a laptop.

Are you referring to a PCMCIA to Serial ?

now that might be the ticket ,,  seeing as I am located in the asshole of Texas ...  at least 100 miles in any real direction from cyvilization  .. i will have to order it and wait but In for a penny in for a pound .. what is another 30.00 on top of the investment so far ,, lol

Guest Terry

Thats why I say a tower, lots of room for EVERYTHING and cheap.

I am a newbie too, and I cant see why everyone has dramas with the usb connection. I installed the usb driver in here and set it up and ran like a dream. I have mine running off my mac (in PC mode) only have usb conections available and is 100% trouble free. You just have to make sure that the baud rate is set to 4800 on both the cutter and the software. maybe I have been lucky and my luck is going to change! touch wood.

Tim