Dinkrdsw313

Mh cutter not cutting heat transfers good

Hi I have had the mh cutter for a few years now. It cut heat transfer material good at first now it messes up but it cuts car vinyl perfect.. I can cut the same logo on both and the oracal will be perfect and heat transfer will have the same mess ups on every one.. here is a example of if it... it didn’t do it when I first got the machine so I know it has to be Somthing I can fix. 

65006F56-361B-44CD-A598-37CABAC80C20.jpeg

60A62E80-1F2F-44EF-9BF4-C5120BE7A97E.jpeg

sounds like an issue with the pinch rollers and/or grit bar. try checking that, and make sure there is lots of slack when cutting.

I'm betting it's a dull blade. HTV is a little bit resistant to cuts and if you don't have a nice sharp blade you end up having to increase the down-force which then starts messing with the way it feeds because HTV carriers are more of a plastic and have more give and stretch and are prone to bunching ahead of the blade if excessive pressure if used (due to dull blade) A Clean Cut blade will perform much better for longer on HTV. At the least try swapping in a fresh blade even if a cheap one and see if it helps. And DO use Mz Skeeter's tip for setting blade depth. (can be found with a search) 

• Like 1

I'm with everyone above - too much blade and when cutting htv it causes more drag trying to cut into the backing causing the slippage/movement.   skeeters instructions under instructional contributions section of forum -  

• Like 1

Darcshadow- Actually I don’t mess with the depth at all reason being is every other cutter I’ve used I had to change the blade to cut for HTV but this once seemed to cut it fine (meaning weeding ok) so I left it there.. it seems to do the exact mess ups everytime it doesn’t change.. what do you guys recommend on the blade settings compared to oracal vinyl 

You must first set the blade depth correctly. There is too much misinformation about using a credit card to set the blade depth and this is incorrect. That is way too much blade exposed. This is the correct way to set the  blade depth. For any vinyl that you are going to cut. This works. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

• Like 3

The fact that basically everyone who has responded has asked about the blade exposed should tell you how critical AND USUALLY OVERLOOKED BY NEW USERS that part of cutting is. I know it doesn't seem like it would make all that much difference but we assure you it really does. Often improperly set blade depth (we are talking about how much is sticking out of the holder) has caused poor cutting and broken blade tips which hinder getting ANY of the other setting dialed in. Start there and then move to blade offset and cutting downforce and speed. Most newer users find issues they have all relate back to machine set-up and it all starts with the blade depth. 

• Like 1

So I checked my blade depth and it actually was correct.. still the same outcome. I’ve been doing this for 10 years but this is the first cutter I had issues with.. so I was still confused and started thinking most cutters I’ve used had 1 roller. A d I wasn’t thinking should I run my HTV on one roller since it’s small enough but I tried that and it actually worked. It cut like it should. But I do appreciate the help from you guys and the awesome way of checking blade depth instead of the credit card method.. hopefully it was just a minor problem and just was my mistake on loading the vinyl on both rollers.. how do you all load your HTV? I use 24/30 inch oracal and 15” thermoflex HTV

What do you mean by 1 roller? You have to use at least 2 pinch rollers or it won't hold anything in place. Or are you talking about having both pinch rollers over the same bottom/grit roller? If that worked great, but that shouldn't matter. Two grit rollers are on the same axle and should spin together. I suppose it's possible the screws holding them in place have come loose but that seems unlikely.

• Like 1