ShePlays2Win

Lettering Inconsistent on Same Line, not slipping

I have an SC cutter that I have had for a few years, but it hasn’t been used much. I tried to print a vinyl decal and I can’t see a reason of the inconsistencies in the lettering. The top line is drooping on the left side and the second line as the first 3letters and the last 4 letters dropped slightly. The first letter “I” was considerably lower, but I moved it. I have printed it several times and still getting it. What is causing my design to adjust itself?

8C0264FB-23F2-4E48-9C28-678C72AD838E.jpeg

you wouldn't happen to be using scalp software to cut with would you - you plotter will not print though

• Like 1

Have you tried converting the text over to objects? Some software (SCALP being one) will cut from live (editable) text and I think that's half the problems that get with the text. SCALP is known for text issues. You should be able to select the text and convert it over to an object. I don't know what SCALP would call that process or how to go about it in that program but I'm sure it's an option somewhere. If you can select it and change the spelling on the words then it's live. Once converted you can't make changes without re-typing the letters and replacing them. 

If it's some other software like VM then I would not know what to think. Are you watching the cut and does it cut from one letter to the next or is it jumping around and coming back to the other letters after doing something else? Slipping is not the same thing as off-tracking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildgoose said:

Have you tried converting the text over to objects? Some software (SCALP being one) will cut from live (editable) text and I think that's half the problems that get with the text. SCALP is known for text issues. You should be able to select the text and convert it over to an object. I don't know what SCALP would call that process or how to go about it in that program but I'm sure it's an option somewhere. If you can select it and change the spelling on the words then it's live. Once converted you can't make changes without re-typing the letters and replacing them. 

If it's some other software like VM then I would not know what to think. Are you watching the cut and does it cut from one letter to the next or is it jumping around and coming back to the other letters after doing something else? Slipping is not the same thing as off-tracking. 

I am using SCALP3 and it is jumping around some while cutting. I haven’t had any problem until now, but I cropped the horse and turned it into an SVG, then added the font. 

15 hours ago, ShePlays2Win said:

I am using SCALP3 and it is jumping around some while cutting. I haven’t had any problem until now, but I cropped the horse and turned it into an SVG, then added the font. 

Did you check to see if you have converted your text as well? There is a way to do it. Try that and see what happens. It is good if you can get it figured out to respond back with your results and fix for others who come searching some day. They definitely will. 

did you happen to try updating your scalp3?  - not a scalp user here and not a fan because we have seen so much of this and when I tried it I didn't like it

When all else fails, SBE. Also, make sure that you have enough slack on the vinyl. Cropped image with native font is the cleanest way to go.

• Like 1