SimpleSue

Font is cutting three times..

I don't know much about this software, which is sure cuts a lot pro 3 .  I used another software, which I liked using, do to a new cutter the software is so different. My fonts (text) are cutting three times, almost every letter. I do I fix this and clean it up. Using the Simplify path, is not working  You can only go up to 100 and I need  more to get it way less nodes, to keep Simplify , it is taking way to long. What can I do and get it done faster? Thanks in advance. 

4 hours ago, SimpleSue said:

I don't know much about this software, which is sure cuts a lot pro 3 .  I used another software, which I liked using, do to a new cutter the software is so different. My fonts (text) are cutting three times, almost every letter. I do I fix this and clean it up. Using the Simplify path, is not working  You can only go up to 100 and I need  more to get it way less nodes, to keep Simplify , it is taking way to long. What can I do and get it done faster? Thanks in advance. 

More likely you have multiple exact copies stacked on top of one another. Or you have some setting selected to make multiple passes. 

If you file is not something copyright protected you can post it and we can take a look. You may be able to find it by selecting your work and ungrouping it (perhaps more than one time) and then unselect by clicking off in a blank spot or on another object and then select it again and drag the object to a new location. The lower elements (if they exist) should remain there. You can sometimes spot these in your cut dialog box if they happen to be a different color or have no assigned color. 

I hope this how I do this. I have never done this before. It does have multiples copies stacked on some but can't get them off. I tried to ungroup and all it says is to group.

14 x 24.scut3

Not a lot of people here use Sure Cuts A Lot. so we can't even look at the file. Can Sure Cuts A lot Export .eps files?   .eps is a universal file that most software can import. 

• Like 1

Ungroup them, then single click on the text (instead of dragging a box - because that will select all copies of it), then click delete. Do it again, if there are three copies, so you're left with just one.

• Like 2

QUOTE>  "My fonts (text) are cutting three times, ~almost~ every letter. I do I fix this and clean it up."

Odd that it's 'ALMOST' every letter... Are you trying to (Auto) Vector Existing Letters or Create them from Scratch?

(ALWAYS  better, if possible, to Create New Text & Avoid Vectoring Existing Text)

AND> "It does have multiples copies stacked on some but can't get them off. I tried to ungroup and all it says is to group."

Perhaps you can Group them then Weld them to Create a Single Cut Line ?

• Like 3

thanks everyone. I am trying to Use my winpc sign software instead. I 'm just trying to get my computer and cutter to get on the same page LOL .  

56 minutes ago, SimpleSue said:

thanks everyone. I am trying to Use my winpc sign software instead. I 'm just trying to get my computer and cutter to get on the same page LOL .  

It's most likely a very small detail you are missing. If you can export that other file as an .svg file we can take a peek and eliminate or confirm if there really is duplicated layers in it. Then it's simpler to figure out what's happening. 

It's a bad trace. You'll be way more time ahead to just recreate. It's simple text with a rectangle.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GraphxNMore said:

It's a bad trace. You'll be way more time ahead to just recreate. It's simple text with a rectangle.

thanks, What is weird, I had it in WinPc and it was great then I put it in the Cuts alot and wow, it's so messed up. Thank you for looking at it. I will be starting all over and make a new one. 

13 hours ago, SimpleSue said:

thanks, What is weird, I had it in WinPc and it was great then I put it in the Cuts alot and wow, it's so messed up. Thank you for looking at it. I will be starting all over and make a new one. 

If you are workin in a windows environment Vinyl Master is a far better choice for cutting utility than SCALP. There are people who have learned it enough to get what they want out of it but it has always been a bit of a pariah on the forum. It is the best US Cutter offers for a mac platform but is not the best option there is, there are other cutting utilities that are superior to it.  

• Like 2