Donna B

Initializing cutter error

I have a USCUTTER Laserpoint and am using theoriginal computer I loaded my SignBlazer Software on. The other day I unpluuged them both to hang a tv on the wall in myh office and after plugging them back in I keep getting an Error message every time I hit CUT. It reads" Can not open the output devcie. Error initializing cutter."

I tried ordering a new USB cable and it didn't change anything. Tried checking the USB Ports but they are not labled in my device settings for me to know?

Please

Help?????

Did you try downloading the driver again?,  It should show up in device manager, as a com port number. Set it back up in Signbazer, matching the com port number. in both device manager and Signblazer. 

Yes I did try downloading the driver again and I could not find antything  in device manager about the com port number? Maybe i didn't know what I was doing or looking for ?

Do you have the cutter connected and turned on?  It should show up in your device manger as a com port number, if the driver is installed correctly.  Did you download the driver, extract it and run it?   Then reboot your computer.?

Did you plug the usb cable back into the same usb port? It's stupid, but it does make a difference.

Hi Donna, I notice you tagged me for help, but missed that request until now.

First of all, uninstall SignBlazer. (your files will not be deleted).

Then, put the V7.0.0 hybrid onto the computer. (Use Copam model, I think, for Laserpoint unit).

Reboot.

Let us know if this fixes the issue.