on windows 7 

now trying to run on windows 10

loaded flexi 10 and it says cant find matching security code 

the product key does not light up as it used to , is there a fuse

I last used this about 2 years ago on win7

I use this machine now and again maybe about 15 times , so it is as new

Thanks in advance for any help

Kier

You have to install the driver for the USB dongle. It should be on your Flexi disc.  Make sure the USB dongle is not in your computer when you do it. Then reboot your computer. Put the USB dongle in then. 

how can I get to the driver, loaded the flexi 10 and opened the files cant find the dongle reboot what name might it be under

If your Win7 machine isn't broken, I would set that aside as your cutter computer and use that. Win10 will update itself at some point, whether you like it or not. Each time there's an update, you run the risk of something coming up as incompatible, or it just breaks your software somehow.

Thank you Microsoft for successfully rendering my CorelDraw 2018 virtually useless on the brand new laptop I needed to buy to run my laser machine. Epic fail!

have been trying not getting anywhere

my key is a safe net sentinel, tried putting the numbers in from the back of the key no good , it wants the licence no, I have id and PSWD a very long number

mywin7 lap top is dead charges but thats all

found the usb key under devices but windows has no driver, it says contact manufacturer 

Your license number is the user ID,    Then your password is about 32 digits.   At least mine are.    I gave you the driver above to download. You have to run it after you download it.  Then reboot your computer. 

just a thought if I got another laptop the same model and swooped the hard drive might that work

Did you try and put the USB dongle into a different com port?  Try several and see it if lights up. Does it make the chime noise that a com port does when connected.  Have you gone into to device manager and made sure the driver is working?   

tried all 3 usb it does chime , went into device and it said key was not working and windows has no driver

I have Flexistarter 10   When you get to this page.  Go down and check SAFENET Sentenial Driver 7.6.4  It must be checked before you continue.  That is the USB dongle driver. 

flexi 10 checked.JPG

ok  After all of that.  reboot your computer and put the dongle in the USB port. It should light up.  Only after it is lit up do you open Flexi software.

well nothing more that I can do for you. . Until you download and install the USB dongle driver.  It will not work. 

54 minutes ago, kier said:

cant find production suite page is this on disc

When you put the disc in your computer and open it what are you getting?  You have to click thru and accept the license, to get to that page.   I have the full driver version for all vinyl cutters.   Is that Flexi software only the Liyu Edition?     Show screen shots of what you get after loading it to install it. 

after loading the flexi disc , it says open files or  autorun

I click on open files

the disc is SAi flexi 10.03

found the page now and clicked the box, just loading now

cant wait to reboot and try

thats new it asked me to remove key before rebooting

rebooted put key in ,key does not light up

willtry again

every time i load the box is unticked so i tick it but still no good

You should be using AUTO RUN. Not open files.  You want to run it and install it.  run it as an ADMIN,  and turn off your anti virus.   I don't use Windows 10.  So your own your own there.   Try the dongle in different com ports only after computer is rebooted.  You have never seen "remove the key message" before, because you have never installed the dongle driver before.  

Also make sure that you have uninstalled any previous versions of Flexi that you have tried over and over again. There should be no Flexi on your computer when you start. 

I just installed Flexistarter 10.5 to a Windows 10 Toshiba laptop and had no problems installing it following the instructions. Dongle lit up and software opened up just fine. 

Sentinel Protection Installer 7.64 shows up in your Control panel under Programs   That is your USB dongle. 

I installed it 2 different ways.  First time I just right clicked the disc dvd drive and Used OPEN AUTO PLAY, and clicked it, DVD  message pops up. RUN AUTORUN EXE with the SAI logo. and proceeded to the page Production Suite Page chose the Sentinel Driver 7.6. through the whole install and it worked. Clicked FINISH. I rebooted computer, but the USB dongle in, it lit right up. I clicked the Flexistarter software icon on my desktop and it opened just fine. 

2nd install  I double clicked the DVD drive disc and stepped thru each step to the Production Suite Page and checked the Sentinel Driver install. 7.6 Proceeded the rest of the way for installing.  I didn't even reboot my computer, I put the USB dongle in and it lit up and worked after clicking FINISH.  I clicked the Flexi software icon on my desk top and the software opened just fine. 

thanks very much for  the help , I  managed to wake up my old laptop win 7 and everything works