steve1977

Cut issue

Hi there this is my 1st post.

Could you guys please give me some advice on the cut issue i have.

i have changed the offset to 0.25mm (thats what it says on the packaging) the cutting mat is clean and i have a new blade.

dont know what else to try.

many thanks in advance, steve

747122202_plotterissue.jpg.b11d6fb4b1bd11958bbffc37ee482f13.jpg

You don't mention which machine you have. The .25mm for the offset is a starting point, each machine will be different, even if it's the same model. Try adjust the number up and down, and see what kind of results you get.

offset pic.gif

• Like 1

Are you using a driver specific for the EH721, or are you using a driver purposed for a different cutter?

Have you dialed the offset down, below .25?

Try the offset at 0, and see what the cut looks like.

Have you tried to download SignBlazer and see if it does the same thing.

it is free. Download it here:

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

When you install it, your anti-virus might flag it, however, as long as you download the file from USC, it is virus free. The software has been tweaked to remove the trial time out, because the software designer passed away a few years back. It is safe to install and use, as long as it was acquired from USC.

When choosing a cutter model in SBE, use RedSail (That's the Chinese OEM for MH/EH units).

Also, keep in mind that if what you showed us was happening at 0 offset, then you should be Decreasing offset ( in a negative direction, i.e.  -0.15  -0.20  etc. )

From what I'm seeing, it looks like WOBBLE of the cutting blade holder, not simply an offset issue. The cutting blade holder sits in a retainer arm, that's closed by a knurled nut (brass) and overtightening that results in a hairline crack in the retainer arm. It's very common to break that retainer arm without even realizing you've done so.

half of credit card depth then made sure it only scored the vinyl not the backing paper. then placed into the plotter

48 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

half of credit card depth then made sure it only scored the vinyl not the backing paper. then placed into the plotter

half of a credit card depth is way too much blade exposed.  This is the correct way to set your blade depth. You must start with the correct blade depth, before you can adjust blade offset.  There is even a posting on the forum saying this is just way too much blade exposed. It is just plain wrong. 

This is correct way to set your blade depth.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve1977 said:

That myth just won't die. :( You only need enough blade to cut through the vinyl, that is typically around 0.004" thick. For comparison, credit cards are about 0.03".

• Like 1