Sign in to follow this  
Anetski

Have you ever seen this before?

I have just sent two files to cut and all they are is rectangles and the cutter (fc9000) seems to do this additional cut on the side before starting the actual rectangle. The little cut actually goes into the artwork and ruins the poster. The only cut line in the file is the rectangle. What is this?

IMG_8556.PNG

IMG_8558.jpg

Just checking, in your menu, where do you have. Initial blade control position set at?   Mine is in background settings on the FC7000.  As far as i have seen, you have never showed us any kind of software settings. so we don't know what your doing. 

15 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Just checking, in your menu, where do you have. Initial blade control position set at?   Mine is in background settings on the FC7000.  As far as i have seen, you have never showed us any kind of software settings. so we don't know what your doing. 

is this what you mean?

IMG_8562.jpg

Yes.   I keep mine on the outside.  Or it will make a mark in the design.   on the FC7000  it makes a little j in the design. if on below.   Needs to be outside. 

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Yes.   I keep mine on the outside.  Or it will make a mark in the design. 

thank you that actually fixed it. I have just never seen that little cut before on my ce6000 but at least it is not going into the actual artwork now so I am sure it is there for a reason. one more question if you don't mind before I go jump of a cliff?

I just did two tests on a 1metre wide sheet. I cut one long rectangle twice. First time with force 15 (test cut on this force is perfect). half the rectangle to the right cuts but when it gets to the last 20 cm or so it is no way near cut through the material. 

2nd test force 24 (test cut is still fine) and it does exactly the same thing. Both ends of the rectangles are cut fine but the top and bottom is not in the last 20cm of the left side. I am loosing my mind over these machines. the ce 6000 was so much better. Never had all these issues.

4 hours ago, Anetski said:

thank you that actually fixed it. I have just never seen that little cut before on my ce6000 but at least it is not going into the actual artwork now so I am sure it is there for a reason. one more question if you don't mind before I go jump of a cliff?

I just did two tests on a 1metre wide sheet. I cut one long rectangle twice. First time with force 15 (test cut on this force is perfect). half the rectangle to the right cuts but when it gets to the last 20 cm or so it is no way near cut through the material. 

2nd test force 24 (test cut is still fine) and it does exactly the same thing. Both ends of the rectangles are cut fine but the top and bottom is not in the last 20cm of the left side. I am loosing my mind over these machines. the ce 6000 was so much better. Never had all these issues.

5 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Yes.   I keep mine on the outside.  Or it will make a mark in the design. 

I fixed the cutting issue. total user error.

19 hours ago, Anetski said:

I fixed the cutting issue. total user error.

Most common cause and I am willing to bet EVERY single user on the forum has made a-plenty. I know I have. 

• Like 1