LegoMyEggrollz

Help, Color Theory HTV glue overflow

Hi so im new to HTV and had some great success in the past using Siser and Circuit HTV, im trying out Color Theory this time around and have run into an issue where layered pieces are overflowing with glue. i am using a house hold clothes iron and  wondering if i used to much pressure or is it the htv itself?

20200421_110228.jpg

20200421_110303.jpg

20200421_111600.jpg

impossible to say for sure since a hand iron can not apply consistent pressure, but to much pressure is probably the main problem. Temp could be an issue as well. While HTV is advertised in craft shops as iron on, that is not really true. Technically yes it can be put on with a hand iron but in reality you really need a press to get good consistent results. If you're doing this for more than just personal crafts you should look at a heat press, even the cheap ones work quite well for a hobbiest.

• Like 1

I wouldn't even trust a single layer to a home iron. The whole concept of trying to apply with an iron is ridiculous IMO. I use a really expensive press and even with the best money can buy it's pretty easy to get a poor application from something as simple as a thick seam on a tee shirt. I have not used Color Theory so I have no hands on experience with their potential quirks. That is massive overflow though. I have never seen that much in all my days of making shirts.  

• Like 1