Heim611

I’m in test mode

I’m new to the vinyl cutting world. I am setting up my plotter and when setting up test cut from detect mode, the cutter is missing the “t” how do I fix this? What am I missing? Thank you all. 

image.jpg

Technically not a printer - cutter or plotter is the preferred terminology preferred by some members of the forum ;)

Is that a pen plot? If so, you need to put your blade in to see what kind of results you get with vinyl.

If that's a blade cut, then you first need to adjust your blade to the proper depth, which the instructions are posted all over this forum.

What machine do you have?

What cutting software are you running?

What OS are you on?

Afternoon, My apologies for the lack of terminology. I am sure I will learn as I go. Thank you for your help. I have the MH-871. I am using the VinylMasterCut system. I am using Windows 7. I will look through the forum. I am utilizing the pen as I have never utilized a plotter previously, I was using as “Practice” before I utilize a blade. 

No apologies necessary,  just here to inform :D

Sounds like you're off to a good start. If you have some vinyl you can test on, and cutting will be your primary function of the machine, then I would just go straight to that to dial it in.

Mz Skeeter's tried and true instructions on setting proper blade depth ...

This is correct way to set your blade depth.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

Once you have that accomplished, then hit us back up and we'll be here to assist for anything else you might have a questions about. This forum is a treasure trove of information, so it's best to use the search function to make sure that any help you're looking for, has already been provided to another user. Another great place to seek information is Google. There are many forum responses of, "Google is your friend." Not trying to discourage you, just want to let you know that lots of times, the questions have been asked and answered, just waiting to be referenced by others who seek the information.

Good luck, and welcome to your new addiction! ;)shaka.gif.ceb3eccf6cf8e6cb265808889aed64b6.gif

• Like 1

It looks like there is a problem with the ink refill in the pen. The ink line is skipping. Try changing your refill.

• Like 1