Sign in to follow this  
Benji20

DGI Omega OM60

Hello guys,

I just ordered my first vinyl cutter today, it is a DGI Omega OM60. 

As I am  new to everything, this is a whole new confusing thing for me to learn! I thought it was just plug in an play but clearly not.

I have downloaded Signcut Pro 2 as this was recommended to me. 

I am running Windows 8 on my PC. I am having to use a Serial Adapter to convert my comms lead from the vinyl cutter to USB.

So, when I receieve my cutter - is it just a matter of connecting everything up, or is there more? Will I need to install drivers etc?

This is the serial to USB lead i ordered https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-to-Serial-RS232-Cable-1-2m-DB9-Adapter-Converter-Lead-Adaptor-9-Pin/110914848381?hash=item19d30a467d:g:I9kAAOSwy5ZXC57w

almost any peripheral that is on windows will need some kind of driver. if your cutter has a USB port, I'd recommend trying that first. If it doesn't then the recommend way to go would be to get a null serial cable and a Tripplite brand keyapsn (serial to USB adapter).

plug n play is over simplified. anything you send to the cutter needs to be in vector format (versus raster). if you're unsure of the difference, I highly suggest you Google it, because you will need to know the difference and why it's important.

• Like 1

Why did you get that particular machine? MANUFACTURER DISCONTINUED - November 2014