Junior98765

Help vectorizing

a) do you have permission to use the logo?

b) are you looking for cut ready vector (black & white), or printable (in color)?

If you have some PS or some other graphics software, you can try and prep it for vectorizing ... like convert it to black and white, so it cuts the time that us volunteers have to work on your artwork. Do you have a better resolution? Because the file you posted is small, kind really, really hard to convert.

At a bare minimum, identify the font for CHANNEL PORT- AUX BASQUES and type it, don't convert it.

In SignBlazer, it's listed as TEAM MT.

Beyond that, I got nothin' -- you should be paying someone to deal with this project. What is your budget?

• Like 2

I would like to do it myself just looking for help with what kind of software to use to convert it to eps format and if there is any free software to do this 

31 minutes ago, Junior98765 said:

I would like to do it myself just looking for help with what kind of software to use to convert it to eps format and if there is any free software to do this 

Inkscape is free. This is no entry level vector though. You'll soon see why people charge for doing this type of thing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Junior98765 said:

keep in mind, going from a raster to a vector, doesn't matter what format, it's not a simple conversion. It's more like a recreation.

Also, be aware, just because a file has a vector file extension, eps for example, does not mean the image is a vector. Raster images can be embedded in vector images.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

keep in mind, going from a raster to a vector, doesn't matter what format, it's not a simple conversion. It's more like a recreation.

Also, be aware, just because a file has a vector file extension, eps for example, does not mean the image is a vector. Raster images can be embedded in vector images.

what darc said  . . . you are going from a pixel based world to vectors that is controlled by mathematics with nodes and arcs, totally different thing and traces are many times not acceptable.   take the time to learn this new world now will pay great dividends in the future when you are putting ut superior work than those "just getting by"  

• Like 2