dvddvd

So if all logos are copywrite?

How comes on my official copy of Vinylmaster DSR I have 40,000 corporate logos ? What can you actually do with them?

You can find vectored logos many, many places, just do a search. Trademarks logos are sold all over Ebay etc.   Brands of the World., BUT you still need permission from the owner to recreate the decals/logos.   Actually anything that you see that is already created is copyrighted.  As soon as a design is created it is copyrighted. It does not have to be registered only created.    Safe items are in Public domain library.  They are expired copyrights/trademarks. 

• Like 1

Are the logo's base building blocks that you add in the specific data? If so those are good to use, they typically have something like "lorem ipsum" where you would put your text. You may want to look through the documentation that will be in there somewhere that will give you details as to what specific license comes with them. Most will have certain things you can and cannot do with them. You can go to any of the typical artwork sellers like shutter stock and purchase similar designs with varied license agreements as well. If they are an actual logo like Nike or Monster then they shouldn't be in there. If you find actual trademarked logos out there (and you will) I would avoid them like the plague or covid19. 

The best logo's are ones you actually cook up yourself. 

There is every corporate logo known to man in the file, from Apple to Coca Cola . 40,000 is an awful lot

For what it's worth I have a construction supply outfit that I do about half of my yearly revenue through. They have about 50 sponsors who share co-op money with them based on how much of their products they sell the previous year they get basically a kickback toward advertising that they can use for tee shirts. The kicker is they want their logo on there placed a certain size and a certain place or at the very least approved prior to releasing the funds. I bet I have had to recreate 90% of them because they always just send a raster image to be used. The first year or two I spent a lot of effort to go through all the hoops and try to get vector files. Some finally got the vector to me some never did but they all were fine with the end result and I quit fighting it and just send in the proofs with the logo I have re-made. It would be sweet to have a few of those to grab from a file like that. I have found a few out on Brands of the World but they are usually someones else recreation and often are inaccurate (and I'm super picky). 

End result of your question is that no you can't take a Pepsi logo and start making unlicensed shirts legally. You will find that most of the big name corporations have online detectives who's job it is to scour the internet to find mentions of their logos.  Pepsi will probably visit this post at some point. We always make it a huge point to pass on information to new users to avoid breaking the law. As your skills increase it's actually very simple for anyone with any talent at all to make near perfect copies of about any logo imaginable. It calls for restraint and honor in respecting the efforts they have made and the investment that building their brand took. The is why our forum bylaws prohibit posting working files that are copyright protected. The people who own and fund the site do not condone any illegal acts and will not tolerate them being passed around on the forum. We appreciate you following those rules along with the rest of us. Great bunch of people here and lots of helpful advice. 

• Like 1

I have used some of the Logos which SignBlazer provides (DRAW menu/Library/Logos) because every once in a while I need a sign with some sort of Graphic to fill space or provide a visual effect.

For instance --  the Australian Institute of Sport; ACTION liquor; ECNZ; and recently, PizzaHut (for a local place that started curbside pickups and needed some 18x24 coroplast signs to indicate where cars should park to get their orders).

Under the "M" is a fantastic cobra snake. (Why "M" ?   Duh, Mustang! )
If you want to give your cutter a nice workout, try doing that one!

• Like 1