bbrayrodz

Creations CR1300 Blade "Chatter"

3 hours ago, haumana said:

Most value cutters will not get you the precision that you're looking for.

if i can get it cutting 95% i will be happy. i dont mind having to make a few hand cuts on patter to get it perfect here and there. i see uscutter sells titan model which looks similar to the CR1300 and is rated for window film. i went with a higher price value cutter in hops to get some degree of precision. i realized when making the purchase the machine would not be spectacular and you get what you pay for. i think i will be sticking with uscutter in the future for my next purchase. recommendations for a good graphtec are welcome. i need something that can cut a 40" width at minimum.

Make some money with current one, the upgrade.  Titan would be a good step heading toward a graphtec 

A value cutter is a value cutter. If you were hoping to for a higher degree of precision, but not sink money in to a machine like the Graphtec, then the Titan with a servo would be the way to go. Do enough jobs, save your money, and get a Titan with a servo when you can.

If you really want a Graphtec, troll eBay and Craigslist.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, haumana said:

A value cutter is a value cutter. If you were hoping to for a higher degree of precision, but not sink money in to a machine like the Graphtec, then the Titan with a servo would be the way to go. Do enough jobs, save your money, and get a Titan with a servo when you can.

If you really want a Graphtec, troll eBay and Craigslist.

from what ive seen the titan and the cr1300 were in the same ball park and both value cutters that could handle window film. i will probably jump straight to graphtec instead of dumping more into another value cutter. i paid about 900 for the cr1300 already. Might as well go straight to the top, i will keep the cr as a backup in down time.

• Like 2

but aside from all that i really appreciate all the help and feedback. you guys have been very informative and the help is very much appreciated! Dakota, haumana, and skeeter.

• Like 1

I have never installed tint but in my mind it almost seems like it would add an extra level of trouble to pre-cut them if you don't get it aligned perfectly all that effort would be fruitless where a little extra around the edges can be hand trimmed to perfection. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, I just know that I have installed pre-cut cover layers to aluminum signage and it can be a problem to get it just right. I HAVE heard that tint is a PIA to cut though so your trouble getting the pressure setting just right are probably due to that stuff being a bit touchy to begin with. A low angle blade speaks of hard material. 

update:

got new blade holder in and installed it, cuts are a million times smoother and no more chatter. very clean cuts but..... still cannot get a good cut out.

im cutting out a 1" x 5" rectangle and the depth of the cut varies from one end of the shape to the other. for example, across the top cut of the rectangle i will have a 1" section where it has cut through the material and another 1" section where its barely scratching the material... and even spots where its cutting entirely through the material and the liner.

i think this machine is just a lost cause at this point i have literally tried everything kn own to mankind with this thing and cant even cut out a 1x5 shape successfully. ive honestly just lost hope in this piece of junk.

On 4/13/2020 at 9:34 AM, bbrayrodz said:

The cut strip i have is after market from cutterpros and does not look like the old cut strip and ive had to hammer the strip into the cut strip groove and i believe some areas of the cut strip may be very slightly higher then others and this may be the cause of that particular issue.

Get an OEM, and the cutting strip should lay flat. If you took the time to get a new carriage blade, take the time to get the right cutting strip. That will help you either eliminate the problem all together, or at least narrow down the issue, but without OEM you get what you get.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bbrayrodz said:

update:

got new blade holder in and installed it, cuts are a million times smoother and no more chatter. very clean cuts but..... still cannot get a good cut out.

im cutting out a 1" x 5" rectangle and the depth of the cut varies from one end of the shape to the other. for example, across the top cut of the rectangle i will have a 1" section where it has cut through the material and another 1" section where its barely scratching the material... and even spots where its cutting entirely through the material and the liner.

i think this machine is just a lost cause at this point i have literally tried everything kn own to mankind with this thing and cant even cut out a 1x5 shape successfully. ive honestly just lost hope in this piece of junk.

The only way you can cut the liner is if there is to much blade. You HAVE to set it using skeeters instructions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bikemike said:

The only way you can cut the liner is if there is to much blade. You HAVE to set it using skeeters instructions.

^^^^^^^^^^

Okay guys sorry for the delay, just been waiting on things to arrive in before i posted.

cutterpros sent out a new blade holder and it worked fantastic, no more choppy chatter lines. but unfortunately the non OEM cut strip was just not doing the job with high and low spots making it impossible to get the depth correct. they sent out a new machine and it cuts pretty good. im 95% happy with it and i have been able to cut several jobs with it in past 2 days. however it does have its glitches and im sure half of it is the software. some times it will stop mid job and ruin a bunch of material but i have a small solution for that until i get in touch with Tint Tek by simply closing the entire program down before selecting a new job. That has been working but is a real pain in the but having to go through set up every single time i load a new plot. Hopefully they can help me with that bug. the only other thing i have an issue with is the machine seems to vibrate a ton on some cuts and others not so much, resulting in slight difficulty weeding the tint plots in some areas. i will play with blade pressure a tad more and see how that plays out. thank you all again for the help! shoot suggestions over if you have any. always love some pointers! :)

Stopping mid cut could be static, or memory. But we always recommend a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter or a serial connection over USB.  The value cutters do not have a True USB like the higher end cutters.  They have a cheap Chinese chipset.   A Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter has helped hundreds on here.  It provides a better flow of data. You use it with the null modem cable that came with the cutter.  If you put Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter in the search box, you will see it mentioned on the posts for years now. 

• Like 1

The vibration is it random on the same design, or always the same part of the same design? My suspicion would be the design has several nodes very close together that on the screen looks fine but if you zoom in you may see that they are not all in a nice straight line which would cause the plotter to move around more than it really should. 

• Like 1