Sign in to follow this  
storm2313

Using ARMS And Adding Multiple Registration Marks?

I've started printing longer sheets of vinyl that require contour cutting, and realize my contour cut lines accuracy when cutting aren't as accurate. Their off by (.006in-008in) randomly around the artwork.

I want to add additional registration marks in Vinyl Master for using with my Graphtec's ARMS feature. I see you can add ultra marks under the manual selection under the contour cut feature, but you can't add them while using the ARMS feature. 

If someone understands how to add multiple registration marks while using the ARMS feature, and will explain the process I really would appreciate it. I'm using Vinyl Master Expert Edition. 

I've already opened a support ticket, and the response from Vinyl Master is actually really sad considering I was expecting a logical response with an explanation of the process of course especially considering the cost of the Expert Edition.

VM_Support.jpg

Thank you in advance for your support.

I don't use vinyl master, but you are asking how to get more accurate than 6 to 8 thousands of an inch on long cuts? How long are you talking?

Maybe try to bleed the graphic so you can't see the cut line.

Thanks Bikemike, and your correct that will work for some applications, but for some images this is not acceptable for my clients.

I know it can be done as per their support response email, I'm just looking for an explanation of the complete process. 

The length of the cut is 23in, but with only four registration marks its certainly the issue as the ultra mark option adds eight in total. 

In a way I agree. But, more than 4 marks would mean you would be looking at changing vinyl drift.

I don't know that more marks would be able to change that if you know what I mean.

16 minutes ago, bikemike said:

In a way I agree. But, more than 4 marks would mean you would be looking at changing vinyl drift.

I don't know that more marks would be able to change that if you know what I mean.

I'm thinking drift is drift. You can try and get it that precise, but I don't know if there is a way to calculate in the degree and placement when it drifts. Have you checked your printed vinyl - maybe there was some drift when it was printing.

I just want to add more registration marks. The reason they have the ultra marks option is for longer contour cuts. 

This isn't in the printed vinyl, or how it was loaded. This is do to having registration marks at the end lengths of the page, with none in the middle. The more measurements taken the more accurate the contour will be. 

I hope someone can explain the process to add more marks, and use the ARMS feature as their support claims is possible.

Your best bet might be to send a support tickets directly to VM. There is someone from VM that comes in and checks this bulletin board periodically.

I would do that, but I'm sure you read the response from the first post I made from them.

Where do I send the request for support in these forums to have the question answered?

3 hours ago, storm2313 said:

I would do that, but I'm sure you read the response from the first post I made from them.

Where do I send the request for support in these forums to have the question answered?

They are hit and miss on the forum for a while now, I would go directly to their website and submit it.   This is a user forum that usc seldom visits and VMware used to be here daily, just not so much anymore 

I received the support message from VM today. They explained the process for others that want to know how to do this. 

In the Contour Cutting Wizard, select your make and model of cutter and set it to automatic (ARMS).

Then select the ‘Mark Options’ tab and select the number of vertical marks to suit the job.

Adding more marks will increase the amount of measurements your ARMS will make increasing your contour cut accuracy.

Thank you to those who posted.

I hope this helps the others looking for this feature.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for posting the response. This is how the forum builds it's content of knowledge.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this