Infinity Clothing

Mh721 and Macbook Pro

Hey Guys,

I am a very new, newbie here and do need some help (by newbie, I literally mean my first Heat Press machine arrived yesterday and I ordered my first Vinyl Cutter today).

I have ordered the MH721, now I have read about how it's not amazing etc - please leave the 'upgrade' comments out of this as that is not an option.

Since I ordered it and done some research and saw that a lot of people were struggling to connect it to a MacBook.

So, here's what I need help with.

- What is the best software to cut with on a Macbook with the MH721. I ideally need this to be free, a monthly subscription or very cheap (I have heard about SignBlaze being free?). Again, I don't want any expensive comments.. I am on a very tight budget. I just want a software I can import my designs into and cut.

- Are there any complications connecting the MH721 to a macbook? Will I need anything other than the standard lead?

It is second hand, it comes with the cutter, power cable, coms cable and installation disk.

Hoping someone can help me. Thanks!

Here is your answer    The MH Series Vinyl Cutter is available in 14", 28", 34", and 50" sizes. Cutter not Compatible with Mac.

Posted on all USCutter ads. 

You will not get support for something that is clearly advertised as NOT compatible. 

Maybe if ran on Windows Parallels, Bootcamp etc.    Signblazer is Windows only. 

• Like 1

People struggle because it's not compatible in native OSX.

Like Skeeter said, if you Bootcamp, Parallels or VM Fusion, and load Windows on it, then you can run a Windows based cutting software. Sign Blazer is free and will definitely work. That's the workaround that will work.

Dell Latitude e5500 will run you around $50. on eBay.

If you cannot absorb that cost into your budget, then your "business" plan is totally wrong.

SignBlazer will work (RedSail driver) with either USB or Serial com  --- the e5500 has a legacy serial port and 4 usb ports.

Best advice I can give you as an HTV Very New Newbie ===  mirror.

Okay, so, I have got a windows desktop now (found an old PC).

So now, my next problem is, I now need an adapter for the coms lead to a USB as they are the only ports I have available.

Old PC with a serial port or only usb?

If serial just use a null serial cable to the cutter.

If only usb, use a "keyspan" usb to serial with the null cable.

• Like 1

Any 'old' PC should have a standard USB-A port. Doesn't MH Machine have a USB-B connection, or just a serial? You can try with one of the other, but not both simultaneously.

• Like 2

If the old PC has a serial port then that's the ideal setup. The USB interface on the MH is less than ideal and if you can use the comm port that is a much more stable connection.

• Like 2