Martyscene

SC2 Cut Problems Need Assistance Please

So I have the USCUTTER SC2 had it a few months and lately I’ve been having a few different issues and can’t seem to figure out how to fix them. First issue is it randomly deciding to stop the job it’s assigned to do and just starts cutting a straight line across the whole sheet of vinyl and doesn’t stop keeps going till the blade crashes into the end of the machine. The second issue is it sometimes stops and does nothing in the middle of a job never finishes. And the last issue the past week just about every time I go to send the job to the cutter it says no cutter found I have to disconnect the cutter and reconnect it just about every time. Even if I do two jobs one after another still does this. Anyone know how to fix any of these issues???

photos are from job that it randomly goes across. 

D968CE95-30BA-4405-A5FF-019079DFDEC3.jpeg

31EAD8DB-286B-48F4-9D1E-108823EA57BE.jpeg

image.jpg

Memory and static are the biggest problems with value cutters, creating those problems. Posted hundreds of times, on here,  Either put the cutter on a serial cable or a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter  (that is the brand name)  with the null modem cable that came with your cutter.  Those value cutters have a cheap Chinese chipset.  Also, make sure the cutter is grounded to the stand, use dryer sheets wipe down your cutter. Spray static spray in the room, use a humidifier,  Those cutters have limited memory. Do less of that order and see if it works. 

You can tell if it is a static problem, if you run the order with the pen tool  on paper and it completes the order.  I cannot answer a question that I have never used. Static cable. 

4 minutes ago, Martyscene said:

What’s a good cutter that is dependable that is supported by my Mac? 

Any Graphtec.   No static or memory problems.   Been running mine for 12 years. never a problem. 

• Like 2

what Is the price range on that brand?? Do you know if the sure cuts a lot 4 software is compatible?? The cutter I have now is 53”

Thank you 

5 minutes ago, Martyscene said:

what Is the price range on that brand?? Do you know if the sure cuts a lot 4 software is compatible?? The cutter I have now is 53”

Thank you 

https://www.uscutter.com/index/page/static/subpage/buying_guides_new   Yes Graphtecs are in Scalp

If the Graphtecs are out of your budget, then next step down would be a Titan.  Servo cutters are more accurate then stepper cutters.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Martyscene said:

ill check them out. Thank you 

You should be able to look in your Scalp software and see if they are listed.  The newer CE7000  and FC9000 probably won't be there, but many of the Graphtecs run on the same drivers.  You would have to contact Craftedge.com about that. 

Okay I’ll look into that thank you!! And if I do the serial cable can I get one that’s serial one side and usb the other?? My computer is all type C ports nothing else. 

Your welcome.   A serial cable is serial to serial.      You would need a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter for USB to serial.  USB goes to your computer, serial end of Tripplite Keyspan adapter connects to the null modem cable that came with your cutter, then the other end of the null modem cable connects to your cutter.   Other devices don't work with vinyl cutters. 

This is a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter. find the best price.   That is the brand name to get. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-Serial-Adapter-USA-19HS/233552696580?hash=item3660d35504:g:WNIAAOSwS0pejcpG

1 hour ago, Martyscene said:

Okay I’ll look into that thank you!! And if I do the serial cable can I get one that’s serial one side and usb the other?? My computer is all type C ports nothing else. 

You will also need a an adapter or hub for the USB-A to USB-C conversion from the keyspan to your Mac.

If you budget allows, definitely Graphtec.

I give every mac user of low-end Chinese knockoff cutters the same answer -- get a DELL Latitude e5500. It's less than 50 bucks and  with SignBlazer installed (SC is LiYu driver) you should be good to go.