slice&dice

Want to send multiple colors to cutter

Arrrrgggghhhhh ---- I am trying to learn VM, and have looked into the Help menu, but cannot find the answer to this one.

I want to have the cutter work on multiple colors at once, but not ALL the colors in the cutfile. I can't seem to find a way to do this within the cutting screen. (in my familiar signblazer, all I need to do is CTRL-click on the list of colors and it multi-selects the ones I want).

(After Selecting the complete group of your Multi-Colored object on the Document Work Area)  Menu >  Send to Cutter > Spool All,

Hold down Control on the Keyboard and Select all you wish to send to the Cutter from the column on the Left.

• Like 2

I tried Spool All, but it places them in their absolute position -- i.e. -- as the objects appear in the design (spaced as they are).
And yes, it does this despite the checkbox "absolute position" being unchecked.

Also, when doing Spool All, there aren't various colors displayed, just Grey.

All of this rigamarole is beyond my pay grade. I'll keep playing around with it, but I wish there was a video or tutorial on this, because I'm not getting how to accomplish what I routinely do.

Maybe the Cutfile Manager can help you arrange your Objects before cutting?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish, Slice?

I can't listen to that thick accent for more than a minute... And those convoluted video instructionz are over 15 minutes!  The Nesting feature is what I've needed, so I'll play with that a bit and see if it works the way I want.

The key to it is having the stuff I want cut being selected FIRST in the workspace, before sending over to the cutfile manager.

What am I trying to do? Here is signblazer doing it, with no tutorials, no complexity, no hassle -- it just happens, intuitively.

• Like 1

So you're wanting multiple colored objects cut in one color of vinyl? Why not just arrange it the way you want it cut in the first place?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.