mrmarkymark

Adobe Illustrator Keeps Crashing using Cutting Master 4

Hello,

I've just installed Cutting Master 4 to use with Adobe Illustrator and it keeps freezing Illustrator and not sending the job.

I've tried it on both CS6 and on CC and it keeps doing the same thing.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

MM

• Like 1

I am not a Graphtec user so I have limited help for you. 

According to this Cutting Master 4 should be compatible with both versions of AI. Do you have an older version of CM on your computer too? The instructions mention something to that affect that 3 has to be closed before 4 is open. Maybe that helps. 

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cutting-master-4

Maybe some more info to help diagnose. What specific Graphtec model are you using, What computer and software version as well. 

• Like 1

Does it work ever or never? Have you checked with Graphtec support. This is strictly a users forum so you will only be hearing from users and most do not run mac. I DO! but as mentioned earlier I don't run Graphtec so I don't have any solutions or experience. You might try the 1 week free trial of SignCut Pro and see if it will run and maybe rule out the cutter itself and narrow things down to the cutting master plug-in. SignCut Pro has both a plug-in for AI and also is a stand alone that lets you just open the program and open a cut file and cut it without having to work through AI if you choose not to. That's how I run so that I don't tie up my design ability while the cutter it working. 

On 3/31/2020 at 9:19 AM, mrmarkymark said:

Hello,

I've just installed Cutting Master 4 to use with Adobe Illustrator and it keeps freezing Illustrator and not sending the job.

I've tried it on both CS6 and on CC and it keeps doing the same thing.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

MM

MrMarkyMark,  did you ever figure out how to prevent Illustrator from crashing? My CS6 freezes after every file I sent to the Graphtec.  It cuts but I have to force quit every time and then reopen Illustrator.  Thx.

3 hours ago, FSS said:

MrMarkyMark,  did you ever figure out how to prevent Illustrator from crashing? My CS6 freezes after every file I sent to the Graphtec.  It cuts but I have to force quit every time and then reopen Illustrator.  Thx.

What OS are you running?

• Like 1