Sign in to follow this  
heinsightmedia1

cuts diagonal line across my projects

Hi all,

My cutter all of a sudden started cutting diagonal lines across my projects at the very end after cutting. it finishes everything cuts correctly then it drops the blade and cuts all the way across my work. it also just keeps feeding all my material onto the ground.

any help would be appreciated 

first 2 things that come to mind - if using scalp make sure it is still activated - we have seen it lose activation and that causes the lines across the work at the end - other is static - did you ground your stand to the plotter - that is more for the feeding to the end as static most times causes all sorts of bad cuts but normally not the 2 lines which is the activation problem

• Like 1

Have you activated your cutting software?

• Like 1

You never stated whether you have your cutter grounded to the stand. With that cutter it is a must or you will fry the z-chip with static from the vinyl. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, heinsightmedia1 said:

yes its grounded. was a software issue. I reinstalled and it stopped:)

Skeeter was just making sure even for future use as an ungrounded stand on am mh has caused so many fried chips.    We have seen it so much over the years and try to save someone a heartache down the road when we can.  

• Like 1