dvddvd

Just ordered, getting delivered tomorrow

I finally bit the bullet after many weeks looking and ordered a Liyu DF631 cutter.

I decided I may have quite a lot of free time due to the lockdown so will be able to spend a lot of time getting to grips with the cutter and the software.

24 inch with servo motor.

I bought vinylmaster pro to go with it.

• Like 1

Most likely you won't have to spend much time at all with "getting to grips" ---  out of the box, you should have no problems assembling the stand and getting your computer to run the machine. The learning curve for the software is not too steep. (of course, the PRO version has many features you'll investigate, but the basics -- inserting an object or typing text, then sending to cut -- are straightforward and shouldn't take any time at all to master).

May I make one request here? When you are sitting there, with everything hooked-up, can you please come back and give us a review of the ClipArt portion of the program? In the CUT version, there isn't very much at all in the clipart library (a few items, just some samples). I'm sure people here would like to hear about your experience with that upgraded section of the software.

Also, take a look at this listing and let us know which items you felt were the most valuable, and influenced your decision to upgrade.
 https://fcws7.com/vinylmaster-features-and-comparison-list

Yes of course I aim to get to know the software like the back of my hand....I will have plenty of time in lockdown!

The one thing that made me go for the Pro version was, I was playing around with vectorizing images on the demo ltr and pro versions and on the pro version you got another tool bar on the left in the vectorizing window. Haven't worked out what each one does yet but I thought more the merrier?

I was looking at the comparison chart. I assume if it's got a green dot in the chart, it's got it?

But is a black dot only part of it compared to no dot?

2 hours ago, dvddvd said:

I was looking at the comparison chart. I assume if it's got a green dot in the chart, it's got it?

But is a black dot only part of it compared to no dot?

Yep. You made a great choice. The pro version has about everything you will need for a cutter. The highest level adds some printing tools for people with commercial printers mostly. VM is a really good program. I had prior experience with Adobe Illustrator so it is my tool of choice but looking VM over I would probably have went that route if I was starting from scratch. Plus I run a mac and fewer programs are mac compatible. I'd have to create a windows environment to run VM from my main workstation.