dvddvd

how would i do this ?

I want to cut a simple 4 petal flower out of vinyl, with the middle a different colour than the petals.

I have found lots of clip art of 4 petal flowers but when I vectorize it and trace it, it traces the outside of the shape and also the inside of the line?

Seems the outline is not just a line but a thicker than normal line hence tracing the inside edge and inner edge of the line? I end up with a wire frame of the flower not a solid piece of flower?

I was going to cut out a circle in a different colour afterwards and stick it in the centre   many thanks

7b1e37bbd7c71a4504b3153f9a72b09d_library-of-4-petal-flowers-clipart-black-and-white-png-png-files-_792-612.png

You are on the right track - you only need an outline. and a vector trace of object above will make both inside and outside lines. Or if your software allows- "fill" the petals to make a solid object.

In your software, you should be able to edit the lines - the "nodes"-- and delete the lines you do not want. - chances are that you should just make a circle on ints own since you wan that a different color - and make one petal - copy-paste - it in the arrangement you want. 

• Like 1

Node edit out the inside lines of the petals and core, then you'll be left with a single line drawing of the flower. That will leave you the outline that you're needing to send to the cutter.

Were you going to try and do a 2-color decal under the app tape, or apply the petals, then just add the center manually? Because those are completely two different ways that you would app tape it.

Please understand that any clipart or artwork that you find on the internet is (automatically) considered copyrighted material by the original designer. Unless you have explicit permission to use and/or post the artwork, use discretion on what gets posted.

In VinylMaster;

When you Vector the Shape, be sure and tick the Boxes as shown Circled in Red.

This will leave your new Vector Shape sitting squarely on top of your Bitmap Flower image.

" Menu> Order> To Back " will leave you in with something similar to Figure A.

Grab The Circle/ Ellipse Tool and create a Circle Directly over the center of your Flower. ( shown here in Yellow )

Select (click on) toy Raster (bitmap) Original Flower Line Drawing and Delete. This will leave you something like Figure B, here with Leaves Colored Yellow.

Flower03.thumb.jpg.46f953d6bb4997216eff330aee350975.jpg

You can then send to your Plotter and Cut each Color Separately.

Pro Tip: If you would rather not Stack the 2 Layers (Single Layer Application),

Trim the one layer against the other (or Punch with a Duplicate) and add a Welded Stroke for Overlap.

• Like 4

Hi thanks i got the first bit where it becomes a black flower in the vectorize, when i click accept it appears in the normal page as a outline.

I then add a circle and i get a petal shape with a circle over the top? but an outline no colour.

How do i colour each different part?

I tried sending it to the cutter and it did come up with two different pieces to cut, the petal and the circle but how do i fill them in on the design page? thanks

Not sure what happened? I tried putting coloured text on the same design and  the text stayed as an outline of the text, same with the outline tool? it would not let me put a colour around the text?

So i saved it and then closed vinylmaster down, reopened it and open the save file and it all came up  coloured in?

it could be that you were viewing it in a different mode. (ie. wire frame or node edit, etc)

Thanks, I have put some text on the design and i can change the colour on all the text except the last lot of text ive put on?

Its strange i can click one lot of text and change colour then i type in some new and its in white, i can change the font, size add an outline but not change the colour?

I think.... i dont know why I had the same text in different colours on top of each other?

When i sent it  to the cutter there was multiples of the same text in different colours on the cut list. So i ungrouped them all and pulled each text to one side and deleted the ones underneath.....been a long day!

Sorry, been out with the Wife for a bit...

I modified my Diagram. Red Square C are choices to Select 'Solid View' , 'Color WireFrame' or 'WireFrame' Mode.

Maybe try those to possibly solve the Color Fill issue you were experiencing?

Also. if you are on a keyboard with a Number Pad, Hitting the "+" Key will Duplicate anything selected.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.