Guest Dnice

Font need to be the same size I'm cutting

Guest Dnice

Can some please help me.  I new to using my software and I'm trying to get my text to be 4(h) x 11(w) on my cutter.  When I keep trying to put it in the program it's changing my size.  Can someone please assist me with this.  Thanks in advance. 

Dnice If you sign up to the forum you will receive faster responses since all guest posts have to be approved by moderators

• Like 1

What is changing? , Be more specific.  Is the cutter not cutting the size you are sending to it from Vinyl Master? If so. calibrate your cutter. That is located in the software.   If that is not it, then provide more info. 

• Like 1

After creating your Text with the Text Tool, Select the Object Pointer (A).

Click the Lock (C) to unlock the Proportional Ratio and either insert your Size requirements in the Height / Width boxes (B) or Grab & Drag the Text Object itself.

Setting these 2 Sizes should yield the correct Size at your Cutter providing it is set up Properly.

The Read-outs in the D boxes are for the Typographical size of the Font set by the Typographer, and the Physical Size, the actual size of the Flush Capitals (T, H, L, etc).

TextSize_02.jpg.168c5f0595aea7f32f999c17d381747e.jpg

Here's a Video that covers most of these Basics.... They have a large collection that includes other Useful Text Videos HERE.

• Like 3

The two different size things for Fonts can be a bit confusing. Typically I don't even pay attention to them, just type out what I want, lock the aspect ratio and resize as necessary.

• Like 1

The two different text sizes (D in Skarekrow's picture) can make a big difference.  One is the max height of all text in your text box and the other is your font size.  Where I've found the font size useful is if you're trying to create names or other text of the same size... say Bella and Chippy.  If you just set the text size (not the font size) to 1 inch, on Bella it's measured from the bottom of the B to the top of B and on Chippy it's measured from the bottom of the p to the top of the C.  Your letters in Chippy are then smaller than in Bella.  If you keep the font size the same then you don't have this problem.

• Like 1

My work around in that situation, get one the size I want, then copy and paste it and change what it says. To each his own, there's always a dozen or more ways to skin a cat. :)

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.