dvddvd

Wet or dry method.

Still reading up on everything until I buy a cutter.

I've watched lots of videos of people applying vinyl and some swear by the spray surface with water and soap   surface .

While others make a top hinge and squeeze the letters on?

Which is the best ? Easiest and pros and cons of both?

practice makes a big difference - in the beginning I did some wet - now hardly at all with years of experience - you will learn a lot quickly and don't let some problems frustrate you - you just redo and learn from each application.

• Like 1

When I decided I was going to start actually applying my work as a business I picked a few friends and family who has businesses and did their vehicles and trailers as well as my own suburban as practice and did not charge them. I also had to re-do a couple that I messed up on clients vehicles when I was green. I chalked it up to the school of hard knocks/education. 

• Like 2

On your question about wet app. Buy an app solution like Slice recommended. Making some home made crap might negate the adhesive of your vinyl. There are several and they are not expensive. I rarely wet app either. Takes about 5 times as long IMO. I sometime wet the application paper after I dry installed to help it pull off a little easier. 

If you do wet app, and I think it's great to learn so you can do it when you need to, use paper tape not clear. 

• Like 1

also do NOT clean first with windex unless you clean again to remove the ammonia residue 

• Like 1

I do dry most of the times, and wet when I have to. But I always clean the surface first.

• Like 2

Same here. Mostly dry buy clean most  areas with denatured alcohol (most surfaces)

• Like 1