Sign in to follow this  
videorov

How long does vinyl last on a roll and still apply easy?

I wonder how long adhesive Oracal vinyl for outdoors can be stored on a roll and still work and apply like it should? 

It depends on what type of vinyl you're talking about, and storage conditions. Do you something specific in mind?

• Like 1

Oracal has spec sheets for each version.  You can do a search.  Here is Oracal 651.  It still depends on how you store it.  What I notice about vinyl that gets old, it gets pits in it. A lot of pits, you can see them reflect off in the light. 

https://www.orafol.com/products/europe/en/technical-data-sheet/oracal-651-intermediate-cal-3534-technical-data-sheet-europe-en.pdf

Goodness gracious, I hope I never find out!  I order those 50-yard rolls (150 feet) and they vanish so quickly as I slice&dice my way through them on banners/signs.  In fact, I was kinda surprised recently at how many empty tubes were accumulated from the ongoing work over the recent months, and even took a photo to use as my avatar ---  (by the way, when I get too many in my discard pile, I advertise on craigslist to give them away. I have no use for 'em, that's for sure, but can't bear to toss them out, and apparently they are in demand by others for whatever reasons).