dvddvd

How old could this be?

I was looking on ebay and there is a Graphtec FC5100 130 for sale in my town...I asked the seller how old it was and he said he bought it second hand.

What years was the model out and is there anyway to tell how old it is?

Are they any good? Compared to a Liyu DF 631?

If the choice was a new Liyu DF631 (Its the one with a servo motor) or a second hand Graphtec FC5100? Which one would you buy?

Thanks

I cannot find the copyright for the user manual for that model.  But the next series to come out was the FC7000, and it has a copyright date of  May10th 2005.  So that cutter FC5100 is pre 2005. Guessing around 2001 -2005, it was sold.  If the cutter was taken care of. it would still be a good cutter. Night and day over a Liyu.    I would go with the Graphtec, if it was taken care of and the price was right.   I have owned my Graphtec FC for 12 years.(Original owner) I have never and I say NEVER had a problem with it. I cut almost daily. 

I have read 2 different ads for the Liyu, I can't find where it says how much force they have.  So It kinda depends on what your going to cut.  Did you find the force of the Liyu?    The Graphtec has 500g of cutting force. 

Hi it would just be standard vinyl.

The owner has it on ebay and he could not give me a date on how old it was. All he said it had a sticker on it saying it was tested in 2017, which means nothing really.

He had it on with a "buy it now" before for £1250 but nobody bought it.

It's now on with a starting bid of £200.

I suppose I'll never know how its been cared for in its life so would be a gamble.

He is selling 2 more different ones and I asked him how much they were and he replied '£2000 and £2500 so it sounds like its been in a vinyl cutting shop.

So its either spending £679 on a new Liyu Df with servo and 12 months guarantee or take a punt on a better machine but no come back if it's a dog?

If it's in your town, ask if he will cut something for you.  It would be best if it was a detailed design, that way you could see it run. No harm asking. Where is it that you live? 

• Like 1