RWRacingDesigns

Need help, new to making decals

I’m not sure where to ask this question. I have a vinyl express r series 2. Only used it about 4 hours. It stopped mid cut and says “cannot connect to production manager”. I powered everything down. Rebooted software and tried to re cut it. It cut about 2 inches and did it again. I thought maybe it was something messed up with the file so I opened a new design, and it did it again. I haven’t found much info. What I did find was, discharge static electricity. Un install latest windows update. Make sure antivirus isn’t blocking production manager. Delete and re install drivers. Delete setup, and redo setup. I have tried everything except the cable connecting the laptop to the plotter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

you can also try running a ground wire for the machine. if you search the forum, you can see how other people have done so. vinyl can carry a lot of static when you're trying to cut.

• Like 1

If you have a wired printer, scanner, label maker, etc. then chances are, it's the same USB cable.

1 minute ago, haumana said:

you can also try running a ground wire for the machine. if you search the forum, you can see how other people have done so. vinyl can carry a lot of static when you're trying to cut.

I also tried to run a test without any vinyl. 

if you can swap out the blade for a pen, then try running it with paper.

21 minutes ago, haumana said:

Ok I didn’t even think about the printer cable. I will try that tomorrow. I appreciate all the advice. 

On 3/23/2020 at 8:19 PM, haumana said:

Ok I didn’t even think about the printer cable. I will try that tomorrow. I appreciate all the advice. 

Well tried a new cable and did the same thing. Got a serial port cable, and the program says it’s starting, cutting and finished. But plotter doesn’t do anything. Double checked the drivers. Made sure it was on the correct com port. I’m at a loss. 

Will you cutter run from Sign Blazer, or is it proprietary and requires whatever software that shipped with it?

4 minutes ago, haumana said:

Will you cutter run from Sign Blazer, or is it proprietary and requires whatever software that shipped with it?

I’ll check into it. I have been using LXI cloud

Those value cutters run better on a serial cable or a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter.  That is the brand name. They have a cheap Chinese chip set in them. Not true USB like higher end cutters.   What has your tech support told you?  Those cutters are sold by Signwarehouse. 

5 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Those value cutters run better on a serial cable or a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter.  That is the brand name. They have a cheap Chinese chip set in them. Not true USB like higher end cutters.   What has your tech support told you?  Those cutters are sold by Signwarehouse. 

I emailed them twice and no response. 

So after a conversation with them and a brand new cable they told me to make sure these settings are correct, and now it kind of works. When I go into the production manager and change the flow control to non the head goes down and just cuts lines back and forth. If I set it back to default XOn/XOff it does what it was doing (cutting a couple inches and locking up) and my unit is different so I can’t get into the cutter setup 

6F505756-36F1-4B7B-9C8B-1051D71D6B69.jpeg

Have you tried to run it on Sign Blazer? What you need to try to do, is to eliminate if the issue is software or hardware.

Can you run a test cut from the control panel on the machine?

On 3/28/2020 at 11:04 PM, haumana said:

Have you tried to run it on Sign Blazer? What you need to try to do, is to eliminate if the issue is software or hardware.

Can you run a test cut from the control panel on the machine?

I’m having issues finding sign blazer. Every link I click on, says it’s no longer available

Better yet, to avoid installing the Trial version (the one featured FIRST in that file directory linked above by haumana) here is the direct link to the download of the no-nag V7.0.0 --
n.b. --disable your defender program, it will identify a threat, despite there being no threat.

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

9 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Better yet, to avoid installing the Trial version (the one featured FIRST in that file directory linked above by haumana) here is the direct link to the download of the no-nag V7.0.0 --
n.b. --disable your defender program, it will identify a threat, despite there being no threat.

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

I posted the directory, because it also has the pdf of the manual. :D

• Like 1

In this particular thread, all that we're trying to accomplish is get the machine working --- i.e. troubleshooting to "see if the issue is software or hardware."  The intricate feature details (of how to work within SignBlazer) aren't vital at this point.
In fact, I've never even read the manual in all 8 years since I've been using the program.

When you provide a link to that directory, at least mention the first SignBlazerElements link is not the right one to use, OK?

signblazer_setup.exe is the V7.0.0 that people should utilize and not be bothered with the 2 startup screens (registration and trial countdown). My first reaction is to point to the hidden link for that INSTALLER DOWNLOAD itself, whenever I hear that someone is "having issues finding sign blazer. Every link I click on, says it’s no longer available"

Now, if they want to learn all the gory details of the program, or perhaps are having issues with achieving a particular task, then the manual is probably worthwhile (or, just a quick peek into the Help menu within the program usually provides the answer sought).